What does the Wife Carry ?

My wife's current firearm is a Glock 43.

The Glock replaced her Ruger LC9s, that replaced her Ruger LCR .38 that replaced her Colt Detective Special.

Mine carries a Sig P320C in 9mm. We went to the gun shop, I left her with the salesman and came back to pay for it when they were done. I gave zero input.

My wife tried many Pistols & Revolvers before choosing Ruger's 327 mag 6 shot revolver. she used Hornady 80 grain flex tip 32 S&W long for her SD ammo. At 17 ozs. unloaded it was easy on recoil & fit into any purse that she had.

My wife tried many Pistols & Revolvers before choosing Ruger's 327 mag 6 shot revolver. she used Hornady 80 grain flex tip 32 S&W long for her SD ammo. At 17 ozs. unloaded it was easy on recoil & fit into any purse that she had.
its the .32 H&R Magnum or .32 Fed Magnum, not .32 Long in that round. I too have gotten the LCR .327 but it will not be loaded with the .327 round. the trigger is better than any other J frame sized gun I own.

Mine's basically Mrs Sledge Hammer...so...

her EDC is a Pink Taurus 24/7C (compact) yet still has 17rd mags...

she was known to carry a Calico pistol in a diaper bag when the boys were little...
100rds of 9mm in pistol form pretty much solves a lotta problems...
would not surprise me if that was in the Baseball/Soccer mom bag nowadays.

Also carries her USMC KaBar everywhere...
and is likely to stab any bullet holes she creates for Extra Credit ;)

Mine likes her revolver because she can stick her hand in her purse and have her gun in her hand, and fire it from within her purse if necessary, without the worry of a slide getting snagged on anything..

A Walther PPK clone in .32 ACP. (Bernadelli Mod. 60). She picked it. She is competent with it, and that is what she carries. She shoots it once or twice a month. She carries it everywhere she can legally.

Update. She got me a Shield in 45 for Christmas.
She has been shooting a Micro Carry with CT grips. She loves it and is good with it.

Her son recommended a 9mm, so she tried a shield 9mm. Could not hit with it. Neither could I.

She shot the shield a few times and said it was to rough on her hands. I had her shoot my Micro 9 with CT grips which is identical to her micro carry except 9mm. She said it hurts her arm and does not like it.

SO she is still carrying the Micro carry 380. She shoots a box of ammo every 2 - 3 weeks. 500 to 1,000 a year practice rounds.
David

Does not carry. No gun, no way. Wonderful woman x35 years !

.02. David
Me neither..she is fine with my 'habit', but she's not going to even go shooting with us(maybe this spring?) BUT my daughter-in-law has to wander thru a parking garage at night after work..wish she carried something..I offered to buy her a small revolver(actually had one..a Taurus M380)..but not yet..sigh...

wife-married 48 years this march..:rolleyes:

Wife and daughter, our youngest, humor me going with me to my sportsmans club on Father's Day. We shoot 22's and black powder muzzleloaders. The guns bring a smile to their faces. Well, there is next year.

.02. David. :)

My wife carries the Sig P238 . She feels completely comfortable and secure. She also shoots it very well. Happy wife, happy life !!

NAA Pug. She’s a runner and the Pug is small enough to be with her when she runs. No, it’s not the hammer of the gods, but a few .22 magnum hollow points is a decent deterrent.

Mine dont carry.

Strong suggestion few yrs ago was not to buy gun for wife. Drop her off at gunshop and let her buy her own. You wouldnt buy her underwear would you??

My darling of 47 years does not like guns. If I am lucky I can get her to shoot a 22 rifle once or twice a decade. I carry all the time and she is cool with that.

I'm late to this thread but I have a problem with the husband "deciding" what gun his wife should carry. Let her shoot a variety of handguns & calibers. When she decides which one she prefers, buy one for her. Then take her shooting.

Dave

Dave T said:
. I'm late to this thread but I have a problem with the husband "deciding" what gun his wife should carry. Let her shoot a variety of handguns & calibers. When she decides which one she prefers, buy one for her. Then take her shooting.

Great comment but there will always be the "man who knows best what gun his wife should own." When my wife decided to commit to CC, all's i did was offer my experiences and opinions on how to help CHOOSE the ideal gun. We went to an indoor shooting range that offered rentals and after trying 6 different CC pistol variants she chose the Sig P238 by a pretty large margin. I gsve ZERO input on her individual purchase choice. And in the end a very happy wife.

Last edited:
Back