What do you carry when you can't carry a gun?

Whenever that happens, though rare, I still have my assisted-opening NRA knife on me, along with a wad of keys that will tear up any face, guaranteed. I've been malevolently approached only a scant few times in my life though, as I'm larger than most.

A folding or fixed Kbar. But other than a court house or fed building .. I thought those little red circles with the line through a pistol were more of a suggestion ? Kind of like the speed limit. I could be wrong though.

Sent from iPhone

Title says it all... When you can't carry a gun what do you guys carry ?

benchmade-adamas-fixed-375bksn-large.jpg

ld2001.jpg

This sounds right...

My brain and awareness, 25 years experience in various martial arts, and a CS recon 1.

Well, I don't have as much martial arts experience. (three and counting though)

Having the right mentality with and without a gun is more important.

Cup-hilted cutlasses, Arkansas toothpicks,
loaded bandanas and hardwood kalí sticks,
t-ball bats studded with galvanized bling:
these are a few of my favorite things.

Tomahawks, assegais, bolos, and sabres
may make a mess, but they won't wake the neighbors.
Wolf heads and eagles on big pewter rings:

Cleavers right out of an Icelandic saga,
maybe a dose of
latigo y daga,
big nails on both ends of old guitar strings:

Squirt guns loaded with ammonia,
sjambok up the sleeve ...
Or maybe there's something like Queensbury rules
for the terminally naïve.

Oh; seriously? I almost always have some sort of knife on my person, but I've also usually got a stout hickory cane, courtesy of a genuine but infuriatingly unpredictable bum ankle. That cane has a lot more reach than any knife, and very few people seriously want to take a solid thwack from it. I also have some basic training in its use and a bit of kalí that translates reasonably well.

If I'm really concerned about the area, I talk to myself just loudly enough that anyone who actually listens can tell I'm muttering complete gibberish.

Back