what do you carry concealed ?

Kahr PM45 with Crimsom Trace laser guard in a 3 speed holster along with xtra clip!

Almost forgot! I keep a 22 magnum in my right front pocket too!

Last edited:
Depends on my mood/attire

Kimber Ultra Carry II (when I feel like some heavy metal)
S&W Shield 40 (my primary carry)
Ruger LCP (when I am wearing shorts and tshirt)

I carry a Beretta 9000s, .40 cal., DAO, in a smart carry holster located not in the abdomen area, but on the right hip, fully concealed inside my slacks or, on more casual dress days, inside my overalls, (this is Tennessee, after all). When wearing slacks, I wear suspenders and a loose fitting belt, so there is plenty of room to reach in and get the pistol. When wearing overalls, access is even more free. Since this would not be true whilst sitting in the truck, I also have a Sig .45 nightmare that I carry either loose in the truck or in a gun pocket in a leather bomber jacket (Burk's Bay). The jacket came with a funky little velcro strap which I replaced with a holster from my 511 vest. The Beretta, being DAO, has no protruding hammer to snag, no safety to release, just pull the pistol, acquire the target, etc. BTW, I've seen many negative comments about the 9000s, but I've had no problems, owned it for 2-3 years, fired several hundred rounds, no ftf or other such f-ups. The grip fits my hand fine, clips have pinky rest, no prob. The smart carry holster softens the lines of the pistol, so no print through except for the butt, which is hidden by the belt area. No cover jacket or loose shirt needed. Can even use this set-up with shorts. Since I'm a 5'11" 300 pounder, this is the best carry solution I've found. comfortable.

I've never had an issue with it. I'm a big guy with big pockets. I carry in my front right pocket. It peeks out a little but my shirts always cover and it's never been noticed. My wife can't tell which pocket it's in and she knows to look. No luck needed but thanks.

Yes, I'm serious...In a mernickle PS6-SA.

I would have no problem at all carrying a SA pistol. And I have.

I think cocking the thing should take no more time/effort than releasing the safety of a 1911. I know guys who carry 1911s with hammer down. I think the cowboy gun would be a LOT faster than those guys. And probably much safer.

Sgt Lumpy - n0eq

I've never had an issue with it. I'm a big guy with big pockets. I carry in my front right pocket. It peeks out a little but my shirts always cover and it's never been noticed. My wife can't tell which pocket it's in and she knows to look. No luck needed but thanks.

I meant the fact it's a Glock and a Gen 4. Double whammy!

It varies between three. An M&P 9c, an XD 40 compact, and a Kahr PM9.

The Kahr definitely gets the nod in a pocket holster in the inside pocket of cargo shorts in the summer.

In order of most frequently carried:

Kimber Ultra CDP II with Corbon DPX
S&W 442 with Hornady Critical Defense
Springfield Armory EMP 9mm with Speer Gold Dot
Ruger SP101 2" .357 Magnum with Speer Gold Dot

.38 Smith Airweight in a back pocket hoster. I use hydroshock rounds.

So far I've had to shot one wild dog who was attacking my pup....and it worked fine but the then again, the dog was not shooting back :rolleyes:

IMG_1362_zps09b6fa96.jpg

IMG_1361_zps59aac9e5.jpg

Last edited:
In light of the recent loss of my father I have decided to carry any gun that meets the standard. No more safe queens, what's the point of owning if you cant use it? The only exception being my fathers luger, which wont be carried because it was his safe queen.

So for the moment my primary carry is 45 ACP XD Tactical upgraded to 460 Rowland. This was a safe queen based on my investment of time and money into it. My P220 Carry (45 ACP) is a permanent favorite but just cant match the raw power of the 460. Finally my P290 (9mm) is used for those business occasions that make it hard to carry either of the other two, also great when its time to do any kind of distance walking or use in hot weather.

In light of the recent loss of my father I have decided to carry any gun that meets the standard. No more safe queens, what's the point of owning if you cant use it? The only exception being my fathers luger, which wont be carried because it was his safe queen.

I've got your six if you ever want to talk about it brother.

That's .460 rowland conversion you showed me? Out of control!

for cc i tend to carry small guns. my revolvers are either s&w mod 60 or 36 in 38 cal or my rossi snubbie in 357 mag.. for semi auto i like my amt backup in 380, my taurus 709 slim in 9mm, or my s&w 669 in 9mm, in 45 i like my springfield micro or champion or my taurus pt-145. i tend to like compact guns over full size for cc.

That's the conversion C

Thanks I sent you a message... I think the first one got lost in the Ethernet, but then again you might get two messages.. :)

The 460 does rock!

Back