105.2 KB · Views: 249
  • GLOCK23_BENCHMADE.jpg
    GLOCK23_BENCHMADE.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 237
I have carried all these concealed at one time or another:

Glock 19, 21, 23;

HK USP .45, USPc 9mm;

SigPro 2340.

They are are all reliable and concealable for me.

Would like to carry my 696 .44 Special, but can't hide it good enough. So it's a 1911 Colt in the winter and a PPK/S in summer.

I realized the uncle mikes that I have just plain sucks, and is more of a nylon pouch than a holster, so I ordered a Falco IWB off of makarov.com after hearing some good reviews about it.

My favorite 3

Ruger SP101 (custom rosewood grip) spurless .38 w. cheap bought-in-bulk wadcutters

Beretta Tomcat .32 Win.Silvertips (the best 'subcompact' semiauto imho)

And...one I just bought and love(it's not a concealed 'city-gun' but one that's nice tucked away when your waaaay out in the woods...and have a thought about defense in regard to the 4-legged sort of problems - My Super Redhawk Alaskan .454 Casull/ 45 Colt... 'snubbie'.

Logic: The .38 is very very unglamorous and practical. In a self-defense situation...there's the factor of 'noise' and 'recovery-time' to get off that 2nd shot.. The .38 is still noisy but not as noisy(thunderous) as some others...
The wadcutters are cheap and it's easy to do a lot of practice w.'em...

The .32 is very very very concealable...and very easy to shoot ie. a quick 3 shot spray from a .32 at close range...ought to be 'more than enough'.

The .454/45 (I prefer shooting it in .45 but in the great outdoors the 454 gets loaded; ) is a comforting thought...ie. ever been out in the woods and hear a nasty pack of wild dogs growling? Whew...nice to know the ol' 454/45 is there... Ever been out fly fishing and notice the grizzly cub is waaaay over there...and the grizzly momma...is waaay over on the other side and very angry about your location?(I have never been in that situation...But I'd need a .454 - not a .32 or .38 ; )

re what do you carry

HI
Glock 27 loaded with Mag Tech Gold 180gr HP in Don Hume IWB sometimes in GALATI FANNY PACk + spare mag
BUG (Always Carried)... Kel Tec P32 loaded with Speer Glod dots 60gr HP in a Don Hume pocket holster(best pocket rig I own) sometimes in Uncle Mikes small Ankle rig. + spare mag for BUG. Also Bencemade folder 3.5 blade soon to be retired when my Cold Steel Voyager XLG arrives. pepper spray on car key ring. My cell phone ring tone is Black Sabbath..Paranoid. Ya Think!!

Steve :D

walther p99, when I have on more baggy clothing, or a jacket as in during winter time or when I'm riding my bike, I carry a desert eagle 9mm (baby eagle).

Back