What .22 handgun accompanies your .22 rifle?

Ruger MKIII or LCR, as these are the only rimfire handguns I own. At the moment. Marlin 795 is the rifle.

When I finally have some extra dough again, I'm kinda taking a shine to the Henry Frontier. Then I would have to get a Bearcat. It's probably going to be a while, though...

mk70ss, that little bearcat is a nice little revolver! I have never seen that model or looked into the bearcat very much since my hands are on the larger side. I just might have to keep my eye open for one of those.

Ruger Mk II and/or a 1918 vintage1911 with a Ciener .22 conversion.

WP_20130801_001_zps64f19c59.jpg

Last edited:
had a ruger 22/45 for a long time, then i had a chance to handle the ruger 22/45 lite... the standard 22/45 is getting ready to be replaced as soon as i save up a little more coin.

I had a ruger mk2 and quickly traded it for a ruger single six with the 9.5in barrel. I highly suggest a revolver with interchangeable cylinders.

I only have one 22lr rifle which is a Savage MKII FV-SR that are always with a Ruger 22/45 and a GSG 1911/22 and all three shares a SWR warlock II.

Started with a Ruger.....

Worked well but decided to try something smaller,sold it and tried the Bersa.....

Bersa didn't cut it so I've gone back to Ruger, this time with a 4.5" barrel.....

LOVE the new Ruger yet sometimes I still carry Grandpa's old H&R.....

LK

My favorite is the Beretta Neos in SS with the 4.5 in barrel. The most used by far though is the venerable Smith & Wesson 22A. This thing is a real work horse and everyone seems to like shooting it.

Smith and Wesson model 41- accurate
Smith and Wesson 617 airweight w/ 3" bbl and adjustable sights- compact
Ruger MKII w/ accuracy job by Clark Custom Guns- fun and accurate

Gary

Beretta neos plays well with a ruger 10-22. I have done custom trigger jobs on both. So much fun. And great to have around when you take your non shooting friends out.
Whiskey

Back