What .22 handgun accompanies your .22 rifle?

Hey Winchester_73,,,

Do you have your clothes coordinated as well like matching shoes-shirt-pants-socks-hat or is it just with guns?

I don't have any dedicated outfits to go with the guns,,,
Although I usually wear a Cabela's Safari Shirt when bunny hunting.

Although now that you mention it,,,
A nice ninja styled outfit would go well with The Judds,,,
Or perhaps a black turtleneck outfit ala UNCLE's Illya Kuryakin. ;)

Aarond

You asked for affordable.

I have a Phoenix HP-22A to go along with my Marlin Model 60.

I have a Heritage Rough Rider (with both LR and Mag cylinders) to go along with my Henry H001.(gotta match a cowboy gun with a cowboy gun)

They are all reliable and accurate as well as affordable.

It used to be a Single-Six Convertible, a 1973 gun until it was stolen by a dirt bag that broke into my son and DIL's house while she was out. That gun would shoot an honest 1-1/2 group at 25 yds with the LR cylinder.

Thieves...maybe he's an out of work politician...Rod

Any suggestions for affordable sidekicks for rimfire rifles?

I really like my two revolvers: S&W Model 17 and Model 18, but they're not "affordable", they're pricey.

I also have a Ruger 22/45 that's both affordable and a real hoot. Very accurate and good handling. A buddy has a Browning Buckmark and it's the equal of the Ruger. My bet is that you'd be very pleased with either of these.

Usually my Heritage 4 3/4" barrel Rough Rider accompanies my Henry Ho1Y - sometimes my Ruger Bearcat . . .

My Sig Sauer 1911-22 usually accompanies my Ruger 10/22 Conversion M! Carbine . . . .

My Ruger MKIII Target usually accompanies my . . . . wait a minute, I usually take that out by itself . . . must be time to buy a new rifle to go with it? :D

ever since the old west I have always thought it a good idea to pair up a handgun and rifle of the same caliber. I have semi auto 22 pistols to match my 22semi auto rifles. I match my double action revolvers with my bolt action rifles, I match my single action revolvers with my lever action rifles. I have my ruger single six and high standard d/a revolver that have 22 mag conversion cylinders to match up with my 22 mag rifles as well. there is a new kel tech 22 mag pistol that I would buy to match up with my rifles if I can ever find one. I like carrying 1 type of ammo for both my handgun and rifle.

I've never owned a bad 22 handgun. I suppose the Ruger standard automatic is about my favorite. Which "Mark" doesn't matter to me at all. If I wanted one as a companion I'd look for a fixed sight, 4" barrel model.

All the usual suspect are good and have been mentioned. I'll throw out one you don't see often, but if you do, consider it seriously. The Taurus Model 96. It's a copy (not a clone) of the Smith & Wesson Model 17. Similar look, but slightly different action. I paid $275.00 for this one a couple/three weeks ago and have been quite happy with it. K-frame size, target sights, target grips, and a trigger overtravel stop, it's not bad for the money.

Apparently they're not common, I've only seen a couple, but if you do, give it a serious look.

Remington Speedmaster Model 552
Rimfirearsenal.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Heritage Arms Rough Rider, Bersa Thunder 22, Sig Sauer 1911 22lr, American Classic (Chiappa) 1911 22lr.

MKII Government Model Stainless-Ruger 10-22 Target
S&W K22-Savage HB Mark II
Ruger Single Six-Henry Frontier
S&W 43 Airweight Kit Gun-Remington 12 pump

And a 22-45 Lite that needs a rifle buddy...

I almost never carry both a rifle and pistol at the same time, HOWEVER everyone one should have both a .22 Rifle and .22 Pistol, just because. I am down to only one .22 pistol currently, it is a Taurus 94, 9 shot 4" stainless, why it, because I can carry it around and not worry about it getting nicked, or dinged up, I bought it used and since I am not a very good pistol shot it serves me quite well.

Lots of things in my safe "accompanies" other things. Not limited to one match up.
But I guess the closest thing to your question is my Henry Golden Boy 22 WMR, and Heritage rough rider convertible. Both rimfire (22 Mag) versions of "Cowboy guns".

Not sure of your meaning. While I own several Ruger 22 pistols, I never carry both a 22 rifle and handgun. While I often carry a 22 pistol or rifle, I see no need for both.

Love my Browning buckmark!Had it for many years and it's the only gun I own that will always find its way into my range bag for each and every trip to the range..

None. When I'm in the field with a .22, then I've got a .357 or .44 on my hip. When I'm in the field with a center fire rifle, only then I can feel comfortable carrying my 617 .22LR on my hip.

Carrying both a .22 rifle and a .22 handgun in the field at the same time would be too redundant.

If I carry a .22 rifle I carry a centerfire handgun .38spl or up. Although I shoot more .22 LR ammo than anything else outside of training I don't really care for the cartridge. I keep a loaded .22 rifle and a .410 shotgun by the back door for my never ending battle with back yard invaders such as squirrels and raccoons but if I am venturing afield I like something with a little more close range UMPH. A friend of mine usually carries revolver stuffed with .22 shorts for woods walking and thinks I am weird for using a .44 special for the same purpose. Then again there is the possibility he may be right about me.

I have two companions for my 10/22. One is a Browning Buckmark that I have had for several years. The other is a relatively new acquisition: I picked up a new Tagfolio (EAA Witness) .22 with a separate .45acp barrel and slide. It is really comfortable in the hand and is quite accurate.

Back