Time for some brutal honesty...

A Colt 1991 five inch new in the box , had five they all worked with everything i fed em .

I know I will catch some dirt on this but a ruger p-90 is hard to beat for durability also .

I like colts because they are the only gun you can fully service with their own parts in the feild . though i have never had to service such a perfect weapon .

It wouldn't matter what gun because they are all tools that can be made to do the job. With proper training any working
handgun will work. How ever I do have my favorites. If it was any gun in the world a Texas Longhorn Arms no.5 single action in 44mag 5.5" bbl. I can repair an SAA type gun with
a handful of parts and it can opperate with some parts missing or broken. It can fire any type of ammo be it blackpowder or uncle cannon busters handloads. If I was limited to any auto available I would pick a G17 or G22. Again I can fix them with a few parts and I shoot glocks better than most autos. I would go with 9mm if I had to find other peoples ammo if I brought my own 40S&W.

Another vote for the Beretta 92 series. Reliable as all hell and accurate. The new Elite II is developing quite a fine reputation as a stock service gun. That would likely be my choice, but any of the 92 guns (9mm) would be fine.

Easy...

SIG-Sauer P225 9mm

When it comes to out of the box reliability (open box, load magazine, insert magazine, cycle slide, and pull trigger), Sig is very tough to beat, if not unbeatable.

8 rounds is more than enough for a man who knows what he is doing. But I'll take a couple of reloads thank you very much!!!

The 225 is what the 239 will never be on its best day. Simply the smoothest 9mm anywhere...and for those who claim we who buy PREMIUM weapons spend to much and should buy CZ, Ruger, etc...

I only spent a little over $400.00 for a 225 NIB!!!!

Have a nice day!!!

I wouldn't hesitate to take one of my Glock 21s. Absolutely reliable with all kinds of ammo and plenty of firepower with the standard capacity mags.

Colt 1911A1 .45ACP. Whatever the no-frills model is. Time-tested proven reliability. Shoots about anything you can find to put in it. Basic design and ease of handling. Funny thing is, I would probably not recommend one as a first gun for a new gun buyer, but I would use one in this type of situation.

Beretta 92F
Reliability-bar none
Ammo availability anywhere in the world
Hi-cap.
Low Recoil, fast follow up shots

Enough said!

Well, I think I'm gonna go with this smallish Sig 228 in 9mm. The ammo is like Visa "Everywhere you want to be" (and some places you don't) it's a small enough pistol that it could be carried concealed easily. Cleaned easily and hey, nobody can SERIOUSLY knock the reliability. If I'm forced to carry what I need instead of what I want there it is.

Back