• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

THR is down right now...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
THR being down is bad, sure. But I've always viewed this site and THR as basically the same thing, so I can get my gun fix here.

What I'm really jonesing for is APS. I finally get the demon parts kit from hell to work, and I can't tell the people who's advice got me there. I buy a new dog and I can't brag and show off pics. Etc etc etc

[/sigh]

Some computer gurus are proposing a radical, new, more secure and reliable alternative to the internet. Instead of sending text, graphics and movies over phone or cable lines, they propose that the text and pictures be printed out. Video would be put on DVD format. These media would then be inserted into a paper delivery medium, and placed in a special container. These envelopes would then be picked up from the container by the Postal Service and delivered to the physical address printed on the envelope.

But that's after they figure out how to fit a Polaroid camera on my cell phone.

Zak,

Great pics. I've been chomping at the bit to see some. I was really disappointed at not being able to be out there this year.

Larry,

Eagerly anticipating seeing your pics and getting a blow by blow of the weekend. The weather looked good from Zak's photo's.

Dion,

Pour me another, willya?:D

Tyme, is there anything anyone can say about the type of attacks? I have a hard time believing a modern hosting company would not be able to handle an old-school SYN flood, as every router and firewall built in the last 3 years should have built-in defense against them. Application level attack?

FYI I work in network security...for The Man. I'm just glad my account here still works after gathering so much dust. :)

Betcha if a few hundred folks wrote to O'Reilly, and a few congresscritters, a few folks would start to notice...

We've got numbers, but no strength...

This is horrible. This has thrown me out of my routine. I hope we do not spread to much delusional sadistic cutting up to far across TFL.

Its pretty sad , I've been a member here 3 times longer than I've been on THR and I got 10 times the number of post there . I actually went 6 years between post on here :o . Good thing I wrote down my old password in one of my radar repair manuals ....... I wonder how long before IPv4 is replaced by IPv6 and most of these DDoS attacks become null . What really sucks is that I was watching this one thread on a S&W (for my current addiction )for sale with the hope I could buy it this payday ...CRAP

Here's a teaser...

attachment.php

Guess who the two old farts are. :D

Attachments

• whittington1.jpg
    whittington1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 647
Jeez, 10:30pm eastern time and it's still down. This is the longest its been down at one time,right?. I kinda need to PM someone one there when/if it ever gets back up.

Yep, its been a lonely weekend. Couldn't visit THR, had to spend time with the wife and the kids were busy doing other stuff.

When will the madness end;)

BTW, havent been to the old hang out (TFL) for quite a while. Nice to come back for a visit.

"Harumph! Make some room. Grampster is in the house."

Get your damned false teeth off the arm of the sofa or I'm going to use them to open my beer bottles!

Lagavulin 16

Nice....
dionysusigma, I've got a bottle of Aberlour 15, 16, and a'bunadh (batch 8 IIRC) I hope this
does not last so long that I have to hit my Glenfiddich 21.

I see most of the usual suspects made it over. Anyone seen Nightcrawler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back