There's Some New 12 Gauge Howdah Pistols in Town!

FYI-here's the latest update I've received:

Good news

All parts for your pistol are now complete, the production run is finished now. We need to send some items out for polishing and then finishing. The pistol in the pictures below was built from the same production run part sets that your gun will be assembled with, fit and finish is very nice and the pistols are beautiful! Note the one pistol shown has not been polished yet but is completely assembled to test fit and function of all parts in this production run, this is just mill finish parts shown assembled. The other pictures is what the parts look like when they leave the hand polishing department, and this is before Blue or Nickel finish is applied, this is just raw metal, this is a beautiful gun!

Status of your order is the parts are in polishing this week, next week they will go to finishing. Then once back we will assemble and ship to you.

Thank you
Tim

8JduDUCl.jpg

qFp9Xewl.jpg

D4AjA1El.jpg

vs1tFbql.jpg

3jAO5Jll.jpg

9pmmAXMl.jpg

I didn't know the wait was going to be like a custom 1911 order but I'm still hopeful the 12 gauge wads, shot, & #11 primers I have will not be a wasted. I've already waited 27 weeks so what's a few more? Am I stupid or just wanting to believe that not everyone is trying to pull a fast one? Stay tuned

Yeah, I was going to say for a gun that's priced at about $500, these are looking like some sort of custom operation that costs 2 grand.

I have a feeling noelf2 and TheAtomsFam are on to something, this operation is fishy. From my time in manufacturing, I question whether they had any contract set up with suppliers to deliver the forged or cast frames before orders came in or if they even had the tooling to do the machining operations.

It looks as tho instead of getting a loan from an investor, an investor they would have to pay interest to for the loan, they're just taking money from customers and buying or paying for the work as they get the funds.

So, they take your money, tell you it's a 6 week wait, then it becomes a nearly 12 month wait. There's no excuse for that delay other than they were not set up to produce these in the beginning and lied. That, or they prioritized other work for various orders they get to produce parts for other customers that aren't related to the guns.

This is what happens when you pay to pre-order something.

I can only imagine how poor the customer service will be if there are any issues with these once they finally get into customers' hands. This honestly feels like a Hudson situation all over again.

Update: I received notification from AGC shipping department over the weekend that my Diablo is on its way & the UPS tracking number says it will deliver by the end of day Wednesday 8-28.
I'll give another update when I unbox & hopefully a range report too, then I'll let you know if it was worth waiting for 32 weeks :) or not:(

O ye of little faith-Brown showed up early this afternoon with a package!
Attached are photos of the un-boxing & Diablo in hand.
Came well packaged, ram rod included along with a microfiber storage bag & cloth.
First impressions-feels like a solid, well made chunk of steel. The fit, finish, bluing all look very well executed-1st negative I can say is the trigger curve crowds my finger at full cock, may have to work on this after field testing.

It's gonna be a blast:D
WCNmSxbl.jpg

9OJJC4nl.jpg

34meLe4l.jpg

hFok4Vvl.jpg

KPsF7Xhl.jpg

I just got my hands on one of these. I heard some people were having a wait but it looks like they’ve got themselves all caught up. The quality of this item seems top notch.You can really tell that They take a lot of pride in their product simply based on the packaging the ship it in. everything was pristine and very well kept. The item came to me just as expected and even included a very nice stowaway bag. I can’t wait to take this thing out to the range because it’s sure not to disappoint. Discussing recoil Management is kind of moot since you're able to pick your own loads. If anybody is still scratching their heads about the quality of this product… scratch no more! This thing is a winner!

The recoil is extremely manageable. After having fun and exploring how much power you could put into it. I decided to take it out and put it to some real use. If you are using it for closer range hunting then you're probably not going to go over 60 grains and ½ oz of shot. At least not for varmint hunting. And I figure 80 would be pretty good if you're using round ball at close range as well. Brought it along to the woods and got a few squirrels. My woods are thick and I often end up too close to several of them to harvest with my shotgun. By the time they get to a desired distance I'm shooting thru tons of brush. So this really came in handy!

Hello from the new guy here. I got my Diablo and I'm loving the hell out of it. It's my first black powder gun and I can say I am extremely happy with it. I hope that doesn't make me sound nutty. I've been able to fire it once. I didn't break my wrists either. I fired the right barrel with my right and the left one with my left hand. The weather here is not cooperating. It took a while to get it but when I got it I was goofy over it. I stayed in touch with GCA and I got photo updates. I have big meat paws for hands and this little guy fits just perfect in both hands. Now I'm thinking about getting another Diablo or one of their Howdah pistols. I'm hooked :) Any advice on powders and other loading products would be appreciated, too. I'm a noob at this. LOL

Thats an INSANE amount of power. I had some surprisingly devastating results when comparing 12 gauge roundball with .45 acp.

Shooting Review and penetration testing of the AGC American Gun Craft Diablo - a 12 gauge Double Barrel Black Powder Side by Side Pistol.

https://youtu.be/zs0eVqO2qkE

New Video uploaded! <2:01>
????????????
I was able to add a couple of extra squirrels to the pot this week thanks to the Diablo.
Sometimes the little guys get up close and personal in all this brush. Too close to harvest without ruining the muscle. I got a little footage hunting with this 12 gauge Double Barrel BlackPowder Pistol if you're interested.

https://youtu.be/tTCdwF4cohk

Back