The Judge

I have one. It is fun to blow stuff up with. Like the other poster said, it is reasonably accurate for a 45 caliber snubby. Admittedly, it is also large and awkward for a snubby. Mine is the version that shoots 3" magnum shells. IIRC, they hold six 32 caliber pellets. I prefer my 4" 357 for SD. However, at close range, say "across the room" distance, my opinion after shooting it a fair amount, is that it would be effective. Shooting 30 32 caliber pellets at someone within a few seconds would probably ruin their day.

Not that it really pertains to, but update on the kid and his Governor.
Smith & Wesson sent him a brand new revolver and he's a happy camper. :)

I haven't shot the Judge, but have shot the S&W Governor extensively. I found that executing a speed reload with 410 shells to be cumbersome at best and very slow. So, I would recommend 45 ACP or LC as the defensive round of choice in this handgun. It was much easier to eject those cases and reload, esp with the 45 ACP Moon Clips.

Also, I'm not a fan of the 410 defensive loads... I just don't see how they would outperform a 45 LC or ACP. The ballistics just aren't there. It would be good to research this vs taking my word.

Back