Taurus haters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might not be fair but life isn't fair, I believe the two are analogous, see my post #57
Comparing something that has a total of a few dozen parts to one that has thousands of parts, uses electrical, chemical, and mechanical science to make it work and costs 15+ grand is in no way analogous.

As to post 57, Russia has made great guns and terrible cars, same goes for the UK. Bersa down in Argentina makes a decent gun, but Argentina makes no cars.

Just because you "feel" a certain way about something, doesn't mean it's reality.

I had one that the crane cracked. Sent it back and they repaired it. My brother had a raging hunter that had problems and didn’t have a good experience with customer service. That being said my brother has two new revolvers that have been great and I have a TX22 that is terrific. I think they have turned the corner on quality and I’m considering a .22 revolver if I can find one. The G2 and G3 seem like good guns at a good price.

Comparing something that has a total of a few dozen parts to one that has thousands of parts, uses electrical, chemical, and mechanical science to make it work and costs 15+ grand is in no way analogous.

As to post 57, Russia has made great guns and terrible cars, same goes for the UK. Bersa down in Argentina makes a decent gun, but Argentina makes no cars.

Just because you "feel" a certain way about something, doesn't mean it's reality.
Post #57 was my post. When I finally got that little Llama MicroMax back with its new slide, it has performed flawlessly through over 500 rounds, not a single hiccup. When it had its recall to fix the over-hardened slide, it was only a few weeks after they became available, I had mine on a pre-order. So the gun was actually still having teething problems to iron out. Kudus to Metroarms for finding and recognizing the problem and issuing an expensive-to-them recall on the affected guns. I didn't have to sit in a void waiting for 6 months. They undertook extensive testing of different metallurgy to find the absolute best for the slides on these guns, tons of testing, and they kept me posted of progress along the way. It was a long wait, but I am VERY HAPPY with my little 380!

45ACP 1911's from Metroarms are GREAT guns! For their asking price you get a gun of the same quality as one costing at least twice as much from the likes of Springfield, Kimber etc. They don't skrimp on quality at all. What you are seeing at work there is the near slave-labor wages in the Philippines. You may take issue with that, but the guns produced are outstanding.

Bersa in Argentina is another example of this. Great guns at affordable prices. Their Thunder 380s are generally recognized as great carry guns, totally reliable, accurate, safe to carry, very nice triggers. I have their Thunder Plus model, 16 rounds with one in the pipe, that fits in a vest pocket and that so far has gobbled up around 1,000 rounds without a single hiccup.

attachment.php

https://youtu.be/DfZU4aIngfQ
https://youtu.be/IWaPF8CQcSc

Last edited:
jimku said:
45ACP 1911's from Metroarms are GREAT guns! For their asking price you get a gun of the same quality as one costing at least twice as much from the likes of Springfield, Kimber etc. They don't skrimp on quality at all. What you are seeing at work there is the near slave-labor wages in the Philippines. You may take issue with that, but the guns produced are outstanding.
There's not a lot of slave labor involved in making any of the Philippine 1911s. Armscor/Rock Island, Metroarms, and Shooters Arms Manufacturing all use pretty much state-of-the-art CNC machining to produce their guns.

There's not a lot of slave labor involved in making any of the Philippine 1911s. Armscor/Rock Island, Metroarms, and Shooters Arms Manufacturing all use pretty much state-of-the-art CNC machining to produce their guns.
Doesn't mean the employees are getting paid the $11-12/hr most here in the US are.

I don't know of any gun maker today that's not using CNC's. The days of the production line of manual mill and drill press manufacturing of parts are over. The only company that might still be doing it like that is Norinco.

Actually, when I watched a video of Heritage I did see they used some non CNC machines to machine the frames, one method was using a broach. Still an accurate and reliable method of machining a soft metal like what Heritage uses.

Truthtellers

Just for the record the Brits make the best cars in the world and some of the best guns.
Ever heard of Rolls Royce or Bentley?
And supposedly the Russian Yarygin pistol is great but we'll never know for certain because were not allowed possess them and it's not like a russian soldier can criticize it for fear of being jailed.

What part of "near" is so confusing ... meaning extremely low wages ... obviously not literal slave labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back