SURVEY: Home Defense Arsenal

Dennis,
Well, I've had guns ever since I was a kid, and will ALWAYS have them. So will my son, and his son.......

I am no way paranoid, but definately prepared. Home invasion crimes are on the rise and being prepared cuts down the possibility of being a victim. All my guns are legal and I'm a law abiding, over taxed member of the military and have been so for over 19 years. I believe in our constitutional rights granted us through the bloodshed of our forefathers, and I will carry on the mindset through my entire life. My son, who will be 12 in weeks, is being taught the same way I was: through safe, practical application of sound shooting skills development and is taught to respect the history that afford us the right to keep and bear arms. Period.

BTW: I make a great neighbor.

Cheers all!
Mike

------------------
"There's gunpowder and there's pu**y. Live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both."

Let's see, in the gun tower 20mm anti aircraft.
Oil in the Moat
Star war laser at draw bridge
8 storm trooper's with Janet Reno Rubber mask on.

On order: 1 catapult
1 flame thrower
1 1000 gallon tank for flamethrower

------------------
Tiro per divertimento, tiro per la sopravvivenza

Party at Bushwhacker's!

------------------
"We are going to fight. We are going to be hurt.
But in the end, we will stand."
--Roland Deschain

Infrared detonated claymores.No one gets near the house but it's a bitch when Girl Scout cookie time comes around.

Lets see......there's Stormy (half chow/half collie) to wake me up with the "munching" sound. If there is anything left over...

SIG 229 .40 (nite sites)
Surefire light

C&S modified Hi-Power on the wifes side (but it's still my gun)

Mossberg 590 for backup.

Colt Combat elite in the living/family area.

CAR-15 and HK P-7 in the spare bedroom (for company)

Now if I could only get silencers for all so I wouldn't wake the neighbors.

Lets see a pair of 135 lbs Rotts. that roam the yard, right behind the sign that reads "trespassers will be eaten", My nite stand, duty belt with glock 23 plus other goodies, wife's side Browning Hi-Powered, under the bed accessable from either side Winchester 1300 Defender, dresser Ruger GP 100 .357 mag. and last but not least a variety of swords through out the house.

It just occurred to me that nobody mentioned dobies. Chows make great watch dogs, but they're not the brightest pennies in the pile :) Are your rotts as smart as dobies?

You guys are really loaded for bear, and have given me some great ideas.

I'm going to take that 1.2 Kiloton nuke I keep next to my bed and strap it onto the back of our weenier dog, along with a flashlight of course (will help him to see his target). Proximity detonator and we are all set. Good bye bad guys! No fuss, no muss!

White Rook 2348: Clear

ewok,
A good doberman is a very good watch dog, but as anything gets popular the breed deteriorates. There is usually too many breeders breeding who dont have a clue......as evidenced by the fact that 20 someodd years ago you would not have heard of a pitbull attacking a person. The dog most likely would have been killed at the first sign of aggression towards a person. Not all were, and some famous pit veterans were people biters, but they werent in the hands of kids......too much popularity can ruin anything, think of your favorite place and when it becomes popular?...fubsy.

Ewok I love my Chows but would be the first to agree that they aren't the most bright dog in the world. Their aggression is difficult to control and they are a primarily a single purpose dog.
On the good side they don't know the meaning of fear or defeat. They will charge a grizzly bear and not surrender.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

1 - Chow/Coyote mix (when he barks, the safety's come off!)
1 - Tec-9
1 - Mini-14
1 - 10/22 (shot loads)
1 - Winchester 1400 (000 Buck)
4 - AR's (various configs)

Most neighbors are heavily armed as well!
(Town pop. 1200)

Two 1919 30 cals mounted on the front posts of my four poster bed, a M61-A1 vulcan disguised as a vegimatic in the kitchen, and M-79 "bloop" in the family room. all of this of course is B.S. but in my dream reality(oxymoron?) thats the way it would be!!!

------------------
Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of cool weaponry! My American Dream!

By the bed: S&W Mod. 65 loaded with Corbon +P+ 125 gr. JHP plus two speed loaders.

In the bedroom closet: Mossberg 500A with 5 00 buck in the tube and 6 in the sidesaddle.

By the front door: S&W Mod. 15 with the same Corbon load and speed loaders.

In the shop: S&W 1917 with 230 gr. Hydra-shocks and two full moon clips.

In the house and yard: A BIG red chow and a medium blue one (just for back up).

my two dogs double teamed an intruder once while i was away,2 boxers,blood all over the place.had to replace carpets and paint,police caught the perp at a hospital 2 miles away.must have had a buddy with him outside cause he was unconscious when dumped in the e.r,blood loss.anyway my two pups and a 12 guage are what is readily available,all else is locked up,why keep something out that someone else can get to,remo and sin will keep intruders at bay long enough for me to get my safe opened if i need more than 6 rounds of 12 gauge.boxer

Well, We (fiancee and I) maintain a HIS/HERS section as follows:

HIS: Glock 30 with 3 10-rd mags of 165-
grain Hydra-Shoks;
Smith & Wesson M-3000 Shotgun w/ 6
loaded rounds and 6 looped rounds of
3" OO buckshot;
Cold Steel Voyager Tanto XL

HERS: Taurus PT-911 with 2 10-rd mags of
115 Cor-Bon JHP;
Iver Johnson M-1 Carbine with 1 30-rd
mag loaded with 110-grain LRN;
21" ASP baton

Sufficient firepower to repel any suburban threat. If real ugly, safe contents could be disgorged in a hurry.

Okay. This is kinda gonna sound like an HK commercial, but here goes...

My bedroom: USP 45 with Universal Tactical Light (Major bucks, but the coolest thing I've ever seen!) and 4 10 rd. mags full of Golden Sabre 185 gr. +P. Samurai sword. Katana.

Guest room: P7M8 with 2 spare mags. Lots of small, heavy, easily thrown objects.

Bathroom: USP Compact .357 Sig. Occasional foul odor.

Living room: Fully stocked gun vault containing loaded 30 rd. clips for HK91; loaded 40 rd. clip for AR. Combat Commander w/2 loaded mags. Ruger P-85 (last-ditch firearm) w/2 loaded mags.

Kitchen: Fiance's culinary exploits.

Back