Smith and Wesson serial number search

I have a Smith and Wesson 681-1 and I tried searching the serial at smith-wesson.com and they say it doesn't exist. But the stamps are AUV0xxx

I'm thinking it was made somewhere around 1985/1986

I have a Smith and Wesson 681-1 and I tried searching the serial at smith-wesson.com and they say it doesn't exist. But the stamps are AUV0xxx

I'm thinking it was made somewhere around 1985/1986
Easy one, the -1 version of the 681 started production in 86 and was replaced by the -2 version in 87. That’s the same time period for your serial number.

Jim

Model 10-7

This is a blue model 10-7, round butt. Barrel is 3" (almost sure original factory barrel was replaced by this 3").

...S/N 5D23XXX. DOB?

Thanks

Just scored a 13-3 with the 3" barrel, BBB2xxx. I would guess late 80's, maybe 87 or 88, based on the B serial number. Thanks!

Hey all,

Haven't been here in quite a while but found this thread through a search. Never knew you couldn't look up Smith Year of manufacture on the web.

I've got a few Smiths but am largely a Ruger guy, however, due to a brand new Uberti almost coming apart in my hand, yesterday my wife made me promise NOT to get another one. Asked me if I would please buy a Ruger, Smith, or other pistol she trusted. Uberti issue scared her.

Anyway I was looking at Rugers when she picked up a new 686 and told me it just exuded quality -- and it did. The minute I picked it up I knew it was for me.

Anyway I've got a few Smiths like I said and know the years on all of them except this one I've got to ask about -- guess I'm going to have to buy the book because the new 686 has really got my attention.

The one I need help with - I've had it so long now I'm going to have to put it through its paces but I'd like to know when it was manufactured so here goes:

Model: 66 on crane yoke, other numbers too but 66 is model no dash
Barrel: 4"
Action: DA/SA
Cylinder: 6 rounds
Serial: 9K40xxx

Any help appreciated

Art

PS --- oops
Caliber: .357 Magnum

Last edited:
Serial # Search?

Hello Folks,
Been a while since I've stopped by... Please advise Serial# Search for S&W Model 27 3.5 inch "N93093"
Thanks Much,
Mike... ;)

S&W Model 66 no-dash 9K40xxx -- likely mid-1976

S&W Model 63 no-dash M1488xx -- likely early 1980

S&W Model 27 N93093 -- N90000-N97xxxx ran from 1982-1986, perhaps 1984?

Figured I might give Jim a chance to drink that beer mailed to him... and to fact-check me. ;)

Spelling

S&W Model 66 no-dash 9K40xxx -- likely mid-1976

S&W Model 63 no-dash M1488xx -- likely early 1980

S&W Model 27 N93093 -- N90000-N97xxxx ran from 1982-1986, perhaps 1984?

Figured I might give Jim a chance to drink that beer mailed to him... and to fact-check me. ;)
Appreciate that. Always nice to have some help.
One thing though, N93093 would be around 1972. -guess you’re checking me. :D

Jim

Last edited:
S&W serial number

Hello. I have what I belive is an old S&W revolver and I would like to know the manufacture year (I'm not sure if it's a 32 or a 38 caliber). The serial number is RF000xxx
I belive that the R is for double action.
Thank you very much for the information.

Hello. I have what I belive is an old S&W revolver and I would like to know the manufacture year (I'm not sure if it's a 32 or a 38 caliber). The serial number is RF000xxx
I belive that the R is for double action.
Thank you very much for the information.
That is not a serial number used by S&W.
If it is a S&W revolver it will be marked as such on both the frame and barrel, unless polished off. A picture would help.

Jim

This is the Serial Number on the grip of the gun, and the barrel has something on it but I can´t read it.

Ill attach the Branding mark on the next post.

Attachments

• Barrel.png
    Barrel.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Serial N.png
    Serial N.png
    227.3 KB · Views: 22
Back