Smith and Wesson serial number search

I have a S&W model-38 blue 5 shot. 53xxx . I pulled the grips off to verify serial # There is no letter pre-fix before the serial number. Thank you

Last edited:
Scored a 686-5 Plus 2.5" barrel, CDT7xxx. I would guess mid 1999, but I'm curious if the book is any more specific.

Thanks!

Recently recovered from a footlocker in an attic:

666xxx

Couldn't determine model on this one, can this be found by the serial number?

Recently recovered from a footlocker in an attic:

666xxx

Couldn't determine model on this one, can this be found by the serial number?
Prior to 1968, S&W reused the same serial numbers among different models. So, I need more info. Take the serial number from the underside of the guns grip frame and include any letter prefixes such as S, D, K, etc, if any. You may need to remove the grips to see it. Is it a 5 shot or 6 shot? Modern swingout cylinder or older tip down barrel? What is the exact chambering stamped on the side of the barrel, such as, .38 S&W Special. Last but not least, a picture always helps.

Jim

I recently picked up two model ten revolvers one an ex NYDOC gun and the other a possible ex NYPD gun, i was going to get the history on each till i found out S&W wanted 75 bucks for each history request. I figured i would ask the people on this page about what years these two were made, 4D81897,4D81897.

Model 41 Date

Please help with serial number search.
Have M-41 5 1/2" Number UBW47XX
Question - Aprox year of mfg? I'm guessing it's late 90's early 2000's.

Another question - Are S&W Factory Performance Center guns stamped with a special mark or code?

Greatly appreciate any info you could provide!

Please help with serial number search.
Have M-41 5 1/2" Number UBW47XX
Question - Aprox year of mfg? I'm guessing it's late 90's early 2000's.

Another question - Are S&W Factory Performance Center guns stamped with a special mark or code?

Greatly appreciate any info you could provide!
Can’t help much for 1990’s and above semi autos. Mine is UBZ from Jun 01. S&W customer service can likely get you a closer date.
Performance Center guns are marked with their logo.

Jim

Back