Smith and Wesson serial number search

Have SIL's .32Lg, revovler..

no model number, I think it's past the scrapping of the I-frame and use of the early J-frame for .32's?

S/N: 6731XX

Belated Merry Christmas and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have what I suspect is a S&W K22. I cannot find a model number on it anyway. It is a K-framed, .22LR revolver. The S/N is 252xxx. I hope to confirm the model and production year. Thank you very much.

I have what I suspect is a S&W K22. I cannot find a model number on it anyway. It is a K-framed, .22LR revolver. The S/N is 252xxx. I hope to confirm the model and production year. Thank you very much.
K frame would have an adjustable rear sight. There should be a “K” prefix with the serial number. It might be several spaces between the k and the numbers. Assuming it is K252xxx it would date to 1955. S&W did not start using model numbers until about 1957, so it would be a K22.

Jim

K frame would have an adjustable rear sight. There should be a “K” prefix with the serial number. It might be several spaces between the k and the numbers. Assuming it is K252xxx it would date to 1955. S&W did not start using model numbers until about 1957, so it would be a K22.

Jim
Thank you very much!!!!!!

no model number, I think it's past the scrapping of the I-frame and use of the early J-frame for .32's?

S/N: 6731XX
SN's ran from 536000 in 1946 to 712953 in 1960. Elimination of the upper sideplate screw was in 1956 at sn 641xxx so 673xxx looks to be right at 1957, just before model marking.

Jim

Last edited:
Back