Smith and Wesson serial number search

Just picked up at my lgs, after looking on their website, a 642. My question is, there were 2 sitting in the glass counter next to each other. Both had the same price tag hanging on them. However, had 2 different SKU numbers. The one SKU online listed it at $324, which is what it said on the tag in store, the other SKU was $424. Both had the IL - not a fan but for a hundred bucks cheaper...
Was the one listed for $324 one they had sitting there forever and needed to move it, or a happy mistake I caught online? Trying to find out if the one I picked up was that much older.

Model 642 -
SN: DEA5XXX
Thanks!
I quick check of S&W's website shows nine different variations of the model 642. I don't know which ones your dealer has.
Your serial number is to recent to be in the catalog.

Jim

S&W 686-2

Just acquired a S&W 686-2 6" Serial # BDA33xx

Since it is a -2 I guess it was made in 1987?

It has Lew Horton Grips but surely this would not come with this originally, would it?

Thanks for any information you may be able to provide.

Just acquired a S&W 686-2 6" Serial # BDA33xx

Since it is a -2 I guess it was made in 1987?

It has Lew Horton Grips but surely this would not come with this originally, would it?

Thanks for any information you may be able to provide.
Unless you have a Lew Horton special run, they are likely after the fact.

Jim

Last edited:
S&W 622

Hey,
I bought a S&W model 622 .22LR CTG serial UBA6XXX
Which can be the year of production?

Thanks!
PrzemO

Hi, please help, I'm looking to do a trigger upgrade on my M&P 40 and need to know if it was manufactured after 2011 apparently due to the sear spring size. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Serial is MPE31XX

Hi, please help, I'm looking to do a trigger upgrade on my M&P 40 and need to know if it was manufactured after 2011 apparently due to the sear spring size. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Serial is MPE31XX
My book does not cover post 2004. S&W customer service can tell you when it was made.

Jim

Dating S&W 686

Hello, I have a S&W 686 I was trying to find out what year it was made the serial # AAJ0XXX Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Pete

Just grabbed a Model 52-2, A792xxx. Based on the serials I've seen else where, I think this would be a late 70s to early 80s production.

Thanks!

Back