Smith and Wesson serial number search

Got a manufacture date question on another one:

S&W pre-model 10 w/ 5" barrel. Serial # C 1347xx on butt of grip. Marked "SMITH & WESSON" on left side of barrel, "38 S.&W. SPECIAL CTG." on right barrel. S&W trademark on right side of frame, rear; on front "MADE IN USA/MARCAS REGISTRADAS/SMITH & WESSON/SPRINGFIELD, MASS." Number(s) on yoke is 60139.

thanks!

I have a 32 S&W Long, C 68771. It has 5 screws and a "J" stamped on the right side of the grip frame along with inspector stamps there and on the left. It is square butt and 5" tapered bbl. I understand it's somewhat rare but falls outside the range of serial #'s of others I've seen online with a higher # by about 10,000. Looks like my letter from Roy will be a while in coming. Any ideas?

Got a manufacture date question.

I just got a S&W Mod.64-5 ser.#BRL73xx i was wondering how old it is and it has a bobbed hammer spur would it have came from the factory that way. The lock up is tight and has a clean bore. I don't know much about revolvers but I paid $220.00 for it was that a fair price. Thanks for any input on this gun.

I am needing help too!! My neighbor has a smith revolver that he is willing to sell and I NEED to know about how old it is.

It's a 32 Long and has either OTG or CTG on the barrel. ( I Know nothing about revolvers). It has the S&W trademark. serial # is 461XXX

Thanks soooo much!

32 S&W Long, C 68771

I think it falls in the 2nd change of .32 Hand Ejector series 1906-09
that # would be 1908 roughly
However without alot more info such as all barrel stampings and locations of such also stamping on left or right side of frame.
Also I'm not to sure of the 5" barrel, the barrel on a revolver is measured from the end of the cylinder face to the end of the barrel.

S&W Mod.64-5 ser.#BRL73xx

The mod. 64-5 was production change that took place and run for aprox. 10 yrs. til 1998 when the 64-6 was introduced. without more information such as the star extractor or newer design changed 1994. Square butt was ended in 1995-96 and the MIM trigger 1997.
So with that info maybe you can help yourself with very aprox. date of Manufacture.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!
-2sigs

Last edited:
I have a 32 S&W Long, C 68771. It has 5 screws and a "J" stamped on the right side of the grip frame along with inspector stamps there and on the left. It is square butt and 5" tapered bbl. I understand it's somewhat rare but falls outside the range of serial #'s of others I've seen online with a higher # by about 10,000. Looks like my letter from Roy will be a while in coming. Any ideas?
Your SN dates to the early part of the 1948 to 1952 era, which is the same time period some 32 Long M&P's were made. You may also find some info by posting this question and /or doing a search on the S&W forums.
http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/

I just got a S&W Mod.64-5 ser.#BRL73xx i was wondering how old it is and it has a bobbed hammer spur would it have came from the factory that way
~1994. There were several bobbed versions made for the various police departments over the years so it's possible.
It's a 32 Long and has either OTG or CTG on the barrel. ( I Know nothing about revolvers). It has the S&W trademark. serial # is 461XXX
Round or square butt? Any patent dates on top of barrel?
SWBUTTS.jpg

Jim

Last edited:
Back