Smith and Wesson serial number search

New to me model 19-3

Just picked up a new model 19-3 serial number K7939xx looking for a manufacture date thanks for any info

91874 is the serial number. S&W serial numbers are on the bottom of the grip frame. Other numbers are assembly numbers and mean nothing once the product is completed.
Pictures of the entire revolver would be helpful to determine the model. Having a model name/number makes the serial number search much easier. I'll take a look when I get home tonight if others haven't done so before then.

The 11687 is the assembly floor number. It was used to keep major components together during the early stages of production and before the true serial number was stamped.

Almost invariably the assembly floor number is 5 digits. Why, I don't know. As Jimbo notes, once the gun leaves the factory, those numbers are meaningless.

If this is a 6-shot .38 Special, which I believe it to be, the serial number, I THINK (off the top of my head) would put it's production date sometime between 1910 and 1920.

Thanks for the info. I will upload entire images tonigjt
S&W reused serial numbers among different models so I have to figure out what model it is first. What is the chambering? It should be stamped on the side of the barrel.
If it is 38 special, it would be a 38 Military & Police Model of 1905, 1st Change.
SN's ran from 73251 in 1906 to 146899 in 1909.

Jim

Last edited:
info

Says .38 and he was in the police force

I am trying to add a pic but says my security token is missing..

Not sure what that is ??

Well, a very lightly used 14-7 followed me home today. SN CDA5xxx, from what I can tell maybe 1997-98

What say you?

Thanks!

Hello all, glad to be a new member of your forum. Just acquired a S&W Model 10 #2D055XX nickel. This gun is in pristine condition with no marks or pitting. Also, it is complete with the original box, paperwork, sealed cleaning rod, and protective wrapping paper. Just curious what year of manufacture and value? Thank you in advance.
ecf8d9cb7d8e2476cad55d3185667b7d.jpg

94cd0dc830dc818bc71bf07c0f7168e5.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back