Smith and Wesson serial number search

S&W .38spcl Airweight

I apologies if I break any rules, I'm new to this site. I have this SW .38 Airweight and we are trying to learn more about it. Serial# 289XXX there is no Alpha lettering on it associating with a serial number. Pearl/Ivory or plastic grips, I honestly don't know. I attempted to load photos but they exceed the size limit and I'm doing this from my phone.

S&W 66-4

Seriously? The revolver looks really nice and i could not tell thats from 1980....
Thanks Jim:)

Attachments

• bilde.JPG
    bilde.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Seriously? The revolver looks really nice and i could not tell thats from 1980....
It has a pinned barrel which was dropped around 1982. So yeah, it's that old.
That said, it's a 66-1, not -4.

Jim

I traded for a S&W revolver last night and know almost nothing about revolvers so I'm hoping you all can tell me what I have. Model # 39742. S/N # 4134xx the revolver is nickel finish with swing cylinder S&W logo is on left side of pistol

Model # 39742. S/N # 4134xx the revolver is nickel finish with swing cylinder S&W logo is on left side of pistol
What caliber? It will be marked on the side of the barrel. I need the exact markings. Is it a 5 shot or 6?

Jim

Smith and Wesson "Lemon Squeezer" Information

Hello,
I am new here and was hoping I could get a little information on a gun that I received. I do not have a Smith and Wesson book like everyone is referring to in the forum. I was wondering if someone could provide me the year it was produced, what the gun was typically used for (police, military, civilian, etc.) and the make and model. Thank you all so much in advance, and I hope to hear from someone soon.

Gun: Smith and Wesson "Lemon Squeezer"
Caliber: .38 S&W Short
Serial Number: 117XXX

Last edited:
Gun: Smith and Wesson "Lemon Squeezer"
Caliber: .38 S&W Short
Serial Number: 117XXX
Sounds like a .38 Safety Hammerless 4th Model.
Serial numbers ran from 116003 in 1898 to 220000 in 1907.
These were commercially offered guns.
The chambering is .38 S&W.

Could you please tell me the of a 686-4 #BRS6125
My best guess is 1995 between August and October...am I correct?
That's a better guess than I can give you. Book shows prefix BRF to CAM running from August 1994 to Jan 1996.

Jim

Evening all

I have a S&W M&P 38. Round butt with hard rubber grips. 5" barrel and fixed sights

Serial Number is 5799XX

I have the Standard Catalog on order butt Books a Million is taking their time.

A DOB would be much appreciated

Back