Smith and Wesson serial number search

S&W Serial Numbers

I am new to the forum and hope I am posting in the right place. I have Model 10's with the serial numbers:
BKZ5852
CDS1482
Can anyone help me date these. Thanks, Richard.

14-4, date?

Good morning guys.

Mike here - looking for some help dating a model 14-4 I just acquired. I've tried to look at some of the info online regarding serial numbers, I'm still confused.

On the box, the serial number is written as follows: 3|1k3|90x

Thank you very much.

Smith & Wesson 357 mag id help

My dad inherited a .357 magnum revolver from my grandfather & we do not know the model... It has a number located under the barrel where the ejector rod sits. I believe it is the serial number (S75XXX) & another set of numbers on the crane (if im calling it correctly) above the joint where the cylinder rolls in & out of the gun that say XA 18173

Nice thread. I think I will jump in...

Just picked up a "pre-model model 10".

Blue, 4" barrel, 38 spc, serial #C193xx

Any help will be neat.

Thanks
Bob

I do know the prefix is BBN. Is this a 66?
Once S&W went to the three letter prefix serial number system all of their models share the same SN sequence. So, no way to determine model from the serial number . That said, S&W customer service might have more info based on the SN.
BBN does date it to 1988.

Jim

I'm pretty sure i know the year (1981) but i just want to make sure Im right, i dont want to lie to people

686 no dash no M
SN:AAK4XXX

Thank you fellas

Just inherited

I inherited a S&W 38 Special. It was my grandfathers and he was a Chief of Police. Serial number "C3461XX". Inside it has a "T" and it's hard to make out but I think it's "5004" and under that a "2".
If anyone can provide me the year and any other information I'd appreciate it. I'm definitely not selling it, I'm just curious.

Back