Smith and Wesson serial number search

gun info

just inherited a s&w 44 serial #203xx. took the grip off and there is a stamped 5 15 on it. can anyone tell me what i have?

s&w 44 serial #203xx
Assuming you took the serial number from the underside of the frames grip butt (see pic on post # 5888 on previous page), it's a .44 Hand Ejector 2nd Model. Serial numbers ran from 15376 in 1915 to 59xxx in 1940.

Jim

Help with search...1902 model 38 spl

I recently purchased a S and W model 1902 38 spl serial number 222xx.
Can someone that has the "book" look it up and tell me the year it was mfged/shipped?
Thanks so much.

Looking for year of production for a S&W Model 657 .41 Mag S/N: AVB9xxx. I ordered my copy of The Standard Catalog Of Smith And Wesson off eBay yesterday but just cat wait till it comes in. Thank you so much.

BEC14xx = 1989.
On the 36 and 60 take the serial number from the underside of the grip butt. See pic.
Since they are both steel framed they are safe with +P.

Thanks for the info, Jim. Sorry about the rookie mistake.

Model 60 = ABH70XX
Model 36 = J842XX

What about a SW model 10?

Smith and Wesson Model 10 serial number C 529xxx. Can someone help me with the date of mfg/shipping? Any thoughts on value ranges in excellent cond. with the box?
Thanks

dwb647 that would be 1961 or early 1962 made. as to value around here a 95% model 10 with just the box gets is in the $500 to $550.00 range. Model 10's are outstanding pistols (and IMO a must have) but do not have a real high market value due to there being a revolver and the fact there are so many of them.

S&W 357

I have a Smith & Wesson 357 with FWPD stamped on it. The serial is 1D89xxx. Any information on age of this? I am assuming it was once owned by a Police officer for the Fort Worth PD.

Thanks

Last edited:
S and W model 15-3

I have a model 15-3 blued 4" barrel S and W 38 special serial number 3K77xxx

near mint condition. what can anyone tell me about this one?

I have a model 28-2 Highway Patrolman that followed me home. SN# N5564xx. I know it is not new. Was wondering what year it was made. It belonged to a retired police officer that had been retired for a very long time. I am not sure exactly how old it is. I think he carried it for a few years. Before that he carried a Colt Trooper .357 Mag. Though that one was given to his nephew. I bought this one from his widow (she is moving into a group home where there are no guns allowed.)

Quote:
Model 36 SER# 790xx
Model 66 SER# 9K55xx
Around 1956 on the 36 and 1976 on the 66.
The 36 should be a Chiefs Special (pre 36), not model number stamped.

Thank you sir! Very much.

Correcto on the snubbie. It is a Chief's Spec, not marked as a 36.

Thanks Again -

Sgt Lumpy - n0eq

Thanks for the info on the guns. The 15-3 model I think is mid to late 60s.
It came from my dad who was a WWII US Army Air B 24 vet; it reminded him of what they carried in the day I think.

Back