Smith and Wesson serial number search

K22

Just bought a K22 sight unseen except for a photo.

SN 10K88XX

Any ideas of date of manufacture.

Also, it's lock-up with all springs at rest is very loose. Firm when hammer cocked or trigger all way back. Is this normal ? None of my other Smiths are like this.

Thanks

TJ

how about a 28-2 N894XX
N1 to N100000 was 1969 to 1972. I would guess yours to be about 1972.

SN 10K88XX

Any ideas of date of manufacture.

Also, it's lock-up with all springs at rest is very loose. Firm when hammer cocked or trigger all way back. Is this normal ? None of my other Smiths are like this.
1977. While real loose at rest ain't great as long as it's firm when cocked / trigger squeezed it's good to go.

Jim

manufacture date

I have a 38 S&W SPL. Model 36.

S#
J23XXX

I was curious about the manufacture date. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Trying to find a year for a Mod 27-2, S/N - N63 95xx.............

Its a beautiful gun, its nickeled with a 5in barrel. I know its at least early - mid 1970's.

Thanks

DoctorJ77 - that is going to be late 1971 or early 1972. Hard to be more specific than that. I have an N 47xxx that is 1971, that number could have run into 1972 based on average production volume. Only a factory letter can narrow it more.

Smith and Wesson J frame

I just bought a Smith and Wesson Model 36-1. This is in .38 Special. It is blue, and has a 3" barrel. The Serial Number is 1J06xxx. I would like to figure out what year this gun was made. The grip is a round butt style. I would also like to know if this gun can handle +P loads.

This will be my Wife's CCW gun. Is there a preferance for standard .38 loads, or ocasional use +p loads for self defence?

Trying to find a year for a Mod 27-2, S/N - N63 95xx.............

Its a beautiful gun, its nickeled with a 5in barrel. I know its at least early - mid 1970's.
N6395XX (N and 6 digits) would be 1979/80.

I just bought a Smith and Wesson Model 36-1. This is in .38 Special. It is blue, and has a 3" barrel. The Serial Number is 1J06xxx. I would like to figure out what year this gun was made. The grip is a round butt style. I would also like to know if this gun can handle +P loads.

1982 and yes with +P

Jim

Gentlemen...
I just found the site and find it very informative.

I just picked up a S&W Chiefs Special in 38 S&W Spl. 2" barrel, square butt, blued. It has no model number. I am having a hard time finding an accurate date for the numbers. The number on the bottom of the grip frame is 1199## the number, but the numbers on the inside of yoke is 562##, along with a circle 3.Not sure which ones to go off of. Approximate current value in original box would be nice also. I can post up some pictures if needed.

Thank you for your time. Look forward to hanging out here.

Last edited:
Back