Sellers remorse

lordhedgwich

I just made a deal to sell my 1911 American Classic Commander for 500 next week and im starting to have sellers remorse. You guys ever experiance this after selling a gun?

1229888_659852424039568_1544428551_n_zpse913f45e.jpg

"Every time I give up a gun in trade, I have regrets; until I shoot the one I traded for." haha this made me feel better. Although most of the money is going to bills although i might be able to kick 250 over to the feg p-35 i have been looking at in the local gun shop, or the cz 52

Nope, I buy guns for a reason, and I sell them for a reason.

Not that I didn't like the guns I have sold before I sold them, but there's usually a reason that I moved on.

A couple...

after the FIL died, & left my wife & I to "manage" his collection, I traded off a vintage Hi Power, as IMO, it didn't fit in the collection all that well... he was big into BRNO rifles & CZ handguns... I wish I had that one back...

also in that collection was a pair of Norinco semi autos, one in 9mm & one in 7.62 X 25... they weren't worth much in trade, & both functioned good... probably should have kept them as well ???

over all I think long & hard before parting with anything gun related

funny thing, FIL was well know locally as a collector, Me, not so much, but after I got the walk in gun safe room done, & was able to hang on the walls & display, I noticed I have more than twice what he had, even taking into account the ones I traded in :D... shows I hate getting rid of any of them... guess he picked a good candidate to "grow" his collection...

I sold a Colt WWI 1911 reproduction and am still kicking myself for it, but it was when I was going through an "experimental" phase with guns.

The gun was about as "simple" as you can get, nothing fancy, like my HK, Five-Seven or Sigs. It was just a simple gun that was pleasant to shoot and a beauty to behold.

I miss it all the time, unlike the 2 jam-o-matic Kimbers I've owned which I'm still thrilled to of sold.

although i might be able to kick 250 over to the feg p-35

If you're in the Hi-Power clone market, I'd look at the Argentinian FMs. They're about the same price and are a 100% clone, unlike many of the FEGs. Mine shoots just good as a Browning for 1/3 the price.

I've only sold three and all three were good decisions, one I even made some money on. I do wish I had looked at the grips on one of them though, I think they might have been an improvement over the ones on the identical gun I decided to keep.

I've sold many many guns over the years and for the most part I don't miss any of them. (otherwise I wouldn't have sold them)

>>Had a beautiful model 17 I let go<<

And that's one I let go once myself. I don't miss it because it was bigger than a .22 needs to be coupled with the usual "sticky shell extraction" problem that plagues the 17. See, that was easy! :p

I haven't let anything go that I liked really well. The last handgun I got rid of was a SW Bodyguard revolver. I wanted to grow to like it because it was very practical, but it had no soul. I traded it in at a loss on an "old school" Colt with soul. No regrets.

Yep, it's happened a few times.

The first pistol I bought was a Ruger Security Six, 6" bbl blued. Sold it because I wanted the funds to pay for something more carryable.

Then had a S&W 642 NRA Special Edition- 2 1/4" bbl, black stainless, factory ported barrel, big dot sights. Sold it because I had other guns for CC, and sold it to my LGS owner's wife (very sweet lady; I regret selling the gun, but not to whom I sold it).

I kinda ignored Cheapshooter's rule- buying/selling/trading has let me try out a lot of different guns that I wouldn't get to rent (My local range doesn't have Nagant Revolvers for rent,) and I didn't get into guns until after my dad passed away.

I had seller's remorse I once went back 3 days later and repurchased a 357 Mag snubby. Paid 35.00 more than I sold it for. I don't sell guns anymore.

Bill

Back