Rare Guns - Pics and Info!

No need to close this thread as long as it remains on the original topic. So far, so good. :)

[Skans - see posts #25, #51, etc. ;) ]

Ha! I must have missed my previous posts in this thread - obviously, this is one of my favorite topics.:o

I don't know how I missed this thread, either. I love pic threads.

I don't know how rare this one is. I've never seen nor heard of another one like it and my attempts to contact the factory in Germany have been fruitless.

Peters-Stahl 1911 in 10MM:

attachment.php

This one was made in Germany, apparently in the Peters-Stahl shop. It has German proof marks and each part is marked with the Peters-Stahl logo. It appears to have been (or, perhaps, may have been) a precursor to the Springfield Linkless 10MM which was produced as a combined effort of Springfield and Peters-Stahl, as was the Omega.

Neither was a commercial success in the U.S.

Will

Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm factory two-tone, 1 of only 100 produced. This one is a single digit serial number. Saw one like it recently sell on GB for $3000 using the Buy Now Option.

What's left of a Webley RIC First Pattern.
Some historians believe that George Custer wielded a pair of these at the Little Big Horn, and the condition of this one makes me believe it might be one of his!

webleypic2_zpsa634f240.jpg

Japanese Type 26 revolver. My dad got it in Japan, after "the war". I've never seen another one in anywhere near the original condition of this example. I sold it to a local Japanese-American who was collecting historical Japanese artifacts to help his children connect with their heritage.
I shot it a few times, using cut-down .38 Super brass, as factory ammo is pretty rare and expensive.

100_0568.jpg

Smith & Wesson model 539. Overshadowed by both the lightweight 439 and all-stainless 639, the 539 was in production for only three years, and only 1500 were nickel plated.

image31_zpsi7f7nf5x.jpg

My wife's C96 Mauser 9mm
This is the cleanest C-96 I personally have ever seen and she wants to sell it now.

I looks unfired.

A working Rohm.
The RG30 is far from rare, but wasn't a hot seller.
The 4" barrel is actually quite uncommon.
And this one WORKED! (Past tense - it did what Rohms do, and it's a pile of scrap now. ;))

attachment.php

My most interesting and uncommon handgun is the "Chinese Mauser":
Brought back by my great-uncle, after serving as a C-46 radio operator flying over 'The Hump'.
Hand-made ... poorly.
One of a kind.
Designed by some one that had no idea what the parts of a semi-auto handgun should do; just that they 'were supposed to be there' -- like the "elevation adjustable" rear sight that's pinned down and useless because the notch is below the hinge pin.
The chamber is close to .32 Auto; before transitioning into an internally-threaded tube (a.k.a. the "barrel") with the roughest rifling possible, and a twist rate around 1:3".
It's littered with proof stamps - Belgian, German, and British.
And the left side is nothing but gibberish markings.

There are many examples of similar (and very different) Chinese pistols out there; and in about 2003, an exact match to this pistol sold at auction for a surprising sum. But what makes this one a little more special is that it has two really well made (though different) magazines that all previous owners have kept together and in decent shape. There's also the shoulder holster, which is a good -but no perfect - fit, is said to be original, and has always been with the pistol. But I'm not sure the holster is of Chinese origin. It reminds me of some of the many Army Air Corps and Army Air Force shoulder holsters used by transport and bomber crews (which would be readily available to, or already in the possession of a radio operator).

attachment.php

Surprisingly, this pistol has seen a reasonable amount of use since it came back to the states, and most of the family fired it at least once when we were younger. My grandfather even felt the need to buy some 'self defense' ammo for it a few years ago.

attachment.php

Whether or not I will ever fire it again, I do not know. I've had this thing apart, and I just don't trust it...

Attachments

• IMG_20160510_172340922_800.jpg
    IMG_20160510_172340922_800.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,691
  • IMG_20160729_240403796_800.jpg
    IMG_20160729_240403796_800.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 2,150
  • IMG_20160729_240731533_800.jpg
    IMG_20160729_240731533_800.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,679
A Turnbull Open Range SAA clone, in 45 Colt, built on a USFA frame. They only made a few hundred of them over a 2 year span, This one has never been fired.

132.jpg

attachment.php

At the top is my five screw 5 inch barrel RAAF .38 S&W (Royal Australian Air Force.)

It came with plexiglass grips with aluminum backing. Inside the grip was for shiny 'circles' I thought were washers. On taking the grip apart and taking the crud off the pieces it turned out the top two were SIXPENCES. One a New Guinea six pence made in 1938 (had a hole in the middle of the sixpence), the other one was solid and it was an Australian sixpence! Made in 1940. The bottom two were bigger, both with holes in the middle of the 'washers'. They were SHILLINGS! New Guinea shillings made in 1938 and 39!

The other gun is my Beretta 1934 Italian military .380 made in '41. No import marks on that one either!

Maybe the two guns fought each other in the Deserts of Tunisia!

Deaf

Attachments

• Victory01a.jpg
    Victory01a.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,658
The rarest I have are the .25acp TPH. Only about 1000 made. Maybe not rare but seldom seen at least.

And the Sig P230B32, a .32acp with a safety and lanyard loop. No idea how many made but again, seldom seen on the market.

Here are a few:

Benelli MP3S in 9mm
N5DRJBpl.jpg

Bernardelli VB Practical 9mm
rGAZHFfl.jpg

Vektor CP1
x3BTebbl.jpg

S&W Target Champion (European-exclusive PPC9)
tnwShftl.jpg

USPs Match, Elite and Expert, all in 9mm
kR8MYo1l.jpg

Korriphila HSP 701 in 45acp
omnIHu9l.jpg

attachment.php

At the top is my five screw 5 inch barrel RAAF .38 S&W (Royal Australian Air Force.)

It came with plexiglass grips with aluminum backing. Inside the grip was for shiny 'circles' I thought were washers. On taking the grip apart and taking the crud off the pieces it turned out the top two were SIXPENCES. One a New Guinea six pence made in 1938 (had a hole in the middle of the sixpence), the other one was solid and it was an Australian sixpence! Made in 1940. The bottom two were bigger, both with holes in the middle of the 'washers'. They were SHILLINGS! New Guinea shillings made in 1938 and 39!

The other gun is my Beretta 1934 Italian military .380 made in '41. No import marks on that one either!

Maybe the two guns fought each other in the Deserts of Tunisia!

Deaf

Have a similar Beretta in 22 cal.
Model 948 circa 1956. 2 inch and 6 inch interchangeable barrels
No import marks as it came over lets say another way.

9c2929d5530f977560b54aebc2db4f19.jpg

This early production (sn is 26xx) Iver Johnson supershot sealed 8 .22 gramps bought new in about 33/34.
Shot both of these last week in fact.
The Johnson had shot in over 50yrs.
The beretta likely 30 or so Dad finally let me be there keeper due tomnew larger storage safe.
8c21a878f1c9efb2e103ab9843b96115.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old topic, but I guess it fits for old guns.

My brother gave me this, his wife's grandfather brought it back from WWI. Brother nor SIL know anything about it and I never got to meet her grandfather.

I don't think its really in-common, but I figured it needed a home.

Best I can figure its a Belgium Pin Fire, 11 mm or .43 Cal.

guns%20002.jpg

This is a S&W Model 3, 44 Russian. My great grandfather gave it to my grandfather when he left home to cowboy on ranches in Colorado and New Mexico. He made a career of prospecting and carried it throughout his travels. It went to my father, now I have it and will go to my kids, then grandkids.

guns%20005.jpg

First pistol I ever fired. It got me into target shooting, sort of, or at least the ammo did. I was quite young and figured I'd try my hand at targets. I couldn't find the gun but found the ammo. I took some to the basement. Set up a target, then laid the shells on a block of wood aiming at my target. Then commenced to whack them with a hammer. Not very accurate.

I don't have to tell you I got my butt beat when my father found out, but after the whoopin, he took me out back and showed me how to use the revolver properly. After that any time I showed any curiosity about a firearm, he took me out to shoot it. He figured it was safer the trying it on my own.

No need to sneak a gun out if all you had to do was ask.

I may have one or two handguns that would qualify as rare these days... but nothing that I can post pictures of at the moment.

Nontheless, I would like to THANK all of you for posting pictures of your rare pieces.

So many interesting and beautiful guns. Kind of makes me want to start looking for some rare guns to buy just because they are neat, different, and because other folks will enjoy seeing/shooting them... and as a result, I can enjoy witnessing their enjoyment :-) Which is really what this thread is all about.

Thanks again everyone, and Merry Christmas.

:)

thread

Very happy that this old thread came back to life. What a marvelous collection of interesting and unusual firearms.

Thank you all for sharing. I am hoping that this thread continues on.
Pete

And the Sig P230B32, a .32acp with a safety and lanyard loop. No idea how many made but again, seldom seen on the market.

I think I've only ever seen one of those. Not sure if they ever built the all steel version of it...

Very happy that this old thread came back to life. What a marvelous collection of interesting and unusual firearms.

Thank you all for sharing. I am hoping that this thread continues on.
Pete

Yes, let's keep it alive! :cool:

These are always my favorite threads. :D

FN GP Competition
(Belgium)

Steyr GB
(Austria)

Back