Rare Guns - Pics and Info!

bac1023 said:
Its cool that you kept that pistol, LSP. Its definitely one of the most unusual in this thread.

I don't think I've sold nearly as many as you seem to think...
wavey.gif

Walther P88 - the actual rare thing here are the Nill wood grips!
yqOxmGrl.jpg

Early P5 Compact
gbrgC5Al.jpg

Sig X6 with X-mount weight
ht7Y1a3l.jpg

MAB PAP F1
R17WhNyl.jpg

Mateba 2006M
iI7wjcbl.jpg

Last edited:
Colt Gold Cup Elite in .40 S&W - 250 made if memory serves.

Luger, 1920 Commercial model all matching in .30 Luger

Ruger .41 Magnum Flat Top

4-caliber Colt Combat Commander .45 ACP, .38 Super, 9 mm Luger, & .22 LR

S&W Hand Ejector, 4th change, .32-20 caliber

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but I'm glad someone resurrected it! Great pictures. I need to take some better ones, these are with my phone. My collection isn't high end. I have bought what I thought were interesting guns that were a good deal. No Korths or Sig P210's for me. I wish I could afford them. The most expensive gun on here original purchase price was the CZ-85 purchased new. All others purchased used.

IZH 35m target pistol. .22 LR
CZ 75 pre-B has a CZ Cadet Kit and original slide
CZ-85 Combat in high gloss blue finish
HK P7 Police Trade in. Holster wear, gas tube was super clean
Simpson Suhl East German Makarov
Russian Commercial Mak
Belgian Browning Medalist with weights and wood forend (is a shooter, does not have the box etc.)
Bought a Browning Nomad simply because it had some extra mags for the Medalist! It is an amazing shooter and was cheap.
Smith and Wesson K-22 with 8 3/8 barrel
Kahr K-9 Elite 98 9mm
Dan Wesson Pointman 7 - .45 - back when Dan Wesson was trying to make a name for themselves and were cheap compared to other 1911's
CZ-83 in .380 - nicely blued. Great little .380 double stack

Attachments

• P1020401.JPG
    P1020401.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
1907 Colt SAA 45; 1957 Python; 1960 Python; Colt 1911 (mfg 1913 older Colt refinish); Colt Gold Cup 45 with ultimate finish; 1974 Gold Cup
SAM_0513_zpsmffllqry.jpg

1986 Colt Mustang SN MU00044 - 44th one ever made with ivory grips.
SAM_0470_zpshxt4t9wi.jpg

STI LS40 - Grips are my creation to keep the originals in nice condition
SAM_0451_zpsjf28t6pg.jpg

Last edited:
S&W Model 1899 Target made in 1901. Out of 20,000 first models produced, estimates are that somewhere between 5-10% were targets, so maybe 1000-2000 produced. It is further estimated that less than 10% of those have survived, which leaves around 100-200 left. I have only seen three other First model Targets but on all the others the barrels had been cut down. This is the only unaltered one I have seen and all numbers on the gun are matching.

IMG_3561-XL.jpg

IMG_3560-XL.jpg

C96 Mauser made in 1916. Lots of these around, but what makes this on a bit unique is that it is a commercial model made during WWI. It came with it's original matching number holster/stock along with the original cleaning rod and 1916 dated leather harness. While made as a civilian gun, it has military acceptance proofs.

IMG_4277-XL.jpg

IMG_4281-XL.jpg

1930 Colt Officers Model Target. One of the first production models, this is in about 99% original condition.

IMG_0769-XL.jpg

IMG_0283-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Guys guys let's not forget we need to include our feet in those gorgeous pics :D carpet and feet and multi thousand dollar rare gun!

BAC1023 and lifesizepotato look like they are winning this hands down! You guys might be long lost brother with such similar taste! Congrats on your collections! Next time, put a disclaimer before you start posting. I nearly shorted out my computer drooling over your guns! :D

lifesizepotato has a Dardick and trounds to go with it... that's going to be a tough one to beat.

Here's a 12mm Gyrojet and six rounds I picked up a couple years ago.

Skans,

Why would anyone bother to make something that never really caught on? While it seems the terminal velocity was decent, the research i did showed that the initial velocity was low. In close distances, it may not have time to accelerate to effective velocities. Since it is actually designed as a rocket, its range may also be limited.

More likely than not, the gyrojet is the answer to a question that nobody really asked. It was less reliable, probably more expensive, and required specialized weapons to fire them from.

Back