Rare Guns - Pics and Info!

How does that pen gun work? I see you posted blueprints of it. Got any more pictures?

Wie funktioniert das Stift-Gun? Ich sehe, Sie auf dem Laufenden Blaupausen davon. Hast du noch mehr Bilder?

Hopefully my translation is correct! LOL

Dominator.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

Not really rare, but unusual.

Top is a Pachmayr Dominator in 357 Max.
Bottom is a Springfield Arms Single Shot in 44 Mag.

OK, maybe not as rare as that but I have only ever seen two for sale and I have one of them. They aren't made anymore and not many were made when they were. I have yet to meet someone that knows what it is or hard of it.
Alchemy Spectre .45

I think they were made, or at least the offices were located, in Pacific, WA? I saw ads for the gun in the Washington Arms Collectors newsletter. It was supposed to be some sort of combination of assets of the 1911 and Glock, but I'm not sure who decided which characteristics of the two designs qualified for inclusion. I'll see if I can find an old ad.

Thomas .45

Skidmark, I wrote an article about the Thomas .45 a “few” years ago for one of the gun magazines, “Firepower” in May of 86. Not a lot of info about them but what there was showed that if the maker had stayed in business he had way ahead of the curve plans for firearms. Sold it not long after, wish I had kept it but it was a real weight to carry. Never failed to fire though…

I havent seen another one of these in person before.

P1020886.jpg

Beretta 92FS Competition Model 9mm
Sig P229 Sport .357 Sig
HK USP Match 9mm

A "Texas Ranger" (probably Montgomery Ward) .38 LC revolver. Copy of a colt but about 3/4 size.

rightgunhm4.jpg

Also the "bunkhouse" repair the cowboy did to keep it running after the mainspring broke.

mainspringda0.jpg

He made it work.
2 digit serial number

1942/44 ballaster molina 45acp "erjercito argentino"

attachment.php
built in argentina starting in the 30's i think. it's a daily shooter and shoots great. got it from a friend in az. 20yrs ago and just used it to qual. for my texas ccl. thinkiing about durocoating it. according to the serial # this one was built between 1942/44 and they were used by argentina millitary and sold to bolivia, peru, and columbian millit. and also the british special forces in wwII.

Astra Constable Sport

I bought the Astra Constable Sport .22LR version (Astra 5000) with the micro adjustable sight. Sheer luck, I'm new to guns (the restrictions in Denmark are rediculous), but I fell in love with it, and it is my first pistol. Later I found out what a gem I found. The seller didn't know either.
G4ePlOQ.jpg

More info on both the A-50 in first post and other Astra models:

Last edited:
Rare....?

Yeah, it is an old thread. Still fun to read through. What other rareties have been acquired in the last seven years.
I found this little Baby Bulldog at auction...in .32 S&W:

And this old .44 Bulldog..

Last edited:

Picked up a Vektor SP1 Target & Walther P88 Champion that I haven't gotten around to taking any pics pf yet as well.

I've never seen this thread - yes, it's a zombie, but a great thread nonetheless! If it gets closed, maybe someone should start a new one for folks to post pictures of their Rare Guns.

Back