Rare Guns - Pics and Info!

I learned about the Semerling from the Repairman Jack series of novels (anybody else read them?). It held four shots but you had to manipulate the slide yourself for each shot. Billed as the smallest .45 acp. If I'm wrong, blame it on Repairman Jack.

Rare

Not very rare but the rarest that I own - a WWII vintage Webley in .38 S&W.
Webley.jpg
[/IMG]
Pete

Last edited:
This is a great thread! I love looking at rare guns. I don't know if I have anything that you can't find somewhere on the internet if you look, but here are a few of my pistols that aren't all that common:

EAA Stock 10mm

GunsBoo057.jpg
]

Steyr GB

GunsBoo047.jpg

Megastar .45

GunsBoo032.jpg

Oooh - nice condition - how does it shoot?

I was surprised how accurate I was with it. Trigger's not bad for a DA/SA firearm, but not nearly as nice as the trigger on my EAA Stock. If I could put night sites on it, I'd make it my primary home defense weapon.

A Savage model 101 single shot .22 "revolver".

The last gun show here in Fairmont, WV had one. I was eye balling it. If I had the money I would have snatched it up. Interesting piece. Wish I could find a Ruger Hawkeye .256 for a good price.

I learned about the Semerling from the Repairman Jack series of novels (anybody else read them?).

Oh, yes. Semmerling mentioned as one of Jack's pieces in the first Repairman Jack novel. The Tomb?
It held four shots but you had to manipulate the slide yourself for each shot. Billed as the smallest .45 acp. If I'm wrong, blame it on Repairman Jack.

Last I heard, American Derringer makes them now. Made slowly, and very expensive. "Price on request" and the web site hasn't been updated in a bunch of years.

pesta2 said:
Jbar4Ranch said:
A Savage model 101 single shot .22 "revolver".
The last gun show here in Fairmont, WV had one. I was eye balling it. If I had the money I would have snatched it up. Interesting piece. Wish I could find a Ruger Hawkeye .256 for a good price.

They turn up on the auction sites regularly, but I've actually laid eyes on only three in my life. I believe I've only laid eyes on two Hawkeyes, one at a very decent price at a local gun show here about a dozen years back. I'm still kicking myself for not picking it up.

trio-1.jpg

I wouldn't call it "extremely" rare, but I've only personally seen one other. Gabolindosy Urresti 'Ruby'. Spanish made, and for a time was issued as an officer's sidearm in the French Army. Fires 7.65 Browning or .32 Auto, 9 rd. magazine. This one dates to about 1906-07. After tearing it completely apart, remachining a few if the internals that had worn out ages ago, this little bugger operates flawlessly.

SSP-91.jpg

This one, on the other hand, is a pain in the butt more often than I care to discuss. Lone Eagle SSP-1 by Magnum Research. They were only made for a few years, and then dropped like a rotten egg. It IS a fun shooter, for being a single-shot 22-250 rotary breech-loader, but I've gone through several firing pins (which are impossible to find, so I've had to machine them). On another forum I found a company who produced clones, who might also produce pins that will swap straight across. If it pans out true, I'll probably take a little more interest in this one.

Last edited:
Yah, it's interesting. Unless you download a bit, it's got a pretty impressive light show at the muzzle--enough that it makes my Mosin look like a little pop-gun if I put factory ammo through it. :D

smith and wesson 646 one of 300 smith and wesson 625-4 springfield armory edition one of 500 smith and wesson 242 one of about 1600

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Don't know how rare it is, but it was hard to come by. It's a Kommer 25 Cal that was remove from a German POW by Sgt. Thomas Sanford in WWII. Included is the capture paper allowing it to be carried home.

Kommer1.jpg

CapturePapersEM.jpg

Oh, yes. Semmerling mentioned as one of Jack's pieces in the first Repairman Jack novel. The Tomb?
Exactly. I also think it was in another novel or two in the series. I started reading these considerably out of order and went back just recently and found an old paperback copy of The Tomb to read.

Back