paranoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
glad im not alone

im definatly excited to know that so many other people are like myself. My wife thought it was only because of being in law enforcement but i guess if so many other people do it, it just makes me normal! so paranoid i definatly think not but prepared definatly so

Why should I care about what other people think of me?

It's my (and my family's) lives at stake, in a very literal sense.

When you are a sheepdog, you don't care what the sheep think, you do what you must.

When you are a sheepdog, you don't care what the sheep think, you do what you must.

This sheep thinks that sheepdogs are dangerous to everybody:rolleyes:

WildthesheepdoggarbageissottiresomeAlaska ™©2002-2011

I still don't care.

Great attitude. Hope some innocent person doesnt receive a stray bullet from y'all (not just you) who feel this psychological need to prove how tough you are.

After all, we are....THE SHEEPDOGS.....OOOOOOOOOOOrah!:rolleyes:

WildsavemeAlaska ™©2002-2011

Frankly, I would hate to live my life being concerned as to who was about to enter each door, and afraid that someone would come up behind me and shoot me like Wild Bill.
If I were so worried about it I would not eat out. If we were to take statistics, how many times has a gunman entered a restaurant and shot someone? Yes it has happened, but if you consider the hours restaurants are open and serving and the number of people who eat there, I am convinced that the odds of getting shot are one in several millions. I am not going to spend any time worrying about such odds.
I am not going to be very concerned about such probabilities, and I would be concerned about my being paranoid if I worried about it.

Maybe Mafia dons have such a problem, but in my lifetime I have never known anyone who used a gun in SD except LEOs or military in combat.

I enjoy life and when I eat out I enjoy it. I may carry if legal, but I don't worry about where I sit from a danger standpoint. In NM so many restaurants have bars that I cannot legally carry anyway. I am not the least uncomfortable in those situations.

Just replying to the OP, and giving a different slant on the subject.

Regards,
Jerry

Frankly, I would hate to live my life being concerned as to who was about to enter each door, and afraid that someone would come up behind me and shoot me like Wild Bill.

Bravo!

I prefer not sitting with my back to folks, but wouldnt pass up a good meal ifin I had to take the deadly seat.:p

My hinkymeter is a finely tuned precision instrument and as a result thereof, I can live my life free of the fears that assail mere mortals with bargain hinkymeters.

WildsimpleawarenessisnotparanoianorsheepdoggiaAlaska ™©2002-2011

In answer to your OP question, . . . no I am not a paranoid.

I am a single-noid.

I have "anoid" the best and the worst of them, . . . my behavior and my attitude has kept me alive for 66+ years, . . . and if it has "anoid" any who would otherwise have done me harm, . . . wooooooooohooooooooo, . . . ring the ship's bell :D

As a young person, . . . I never thought much about it until we went on "condition 3" watches during the Viet Nam conflict, . . . one stage away from General Quarters, . . .

It taught me to be aware, . . . ready, . . . and willing, . . . as well as making sure you are able.

May God bless,
Dwight

everyone-hates-paranoid.jpg

I think alot of people try to be overly dramatic about it and make sure that everyone around knows that they are "on". Yeah, it does seem a little odd if you do it that way. I pay attn to what is happening around me but I keep my thought processes to my self.

If done right, no one will notice.

I agree. Why would you call attention to things than can be done in a subtle manner. Whether it's being alert or carrying a gun in the first place. If people keep bringing it up, might be time to change your style.

I will say that I've always been a "people observer". Some, but very few, have picked up on that----or mentiioned it, anyway.

So if I feel that some folks behavior is paranoid, does that mean I am a sheep?

No, Wildalaska, we would never consider you a sheep. (Now, maybe occasionally a stubborn old goat , but that's what makes the forums more lively!)

I think someone has been watching too many Nutnfancy videos.

I think being aware is great but being tactical and junk is a bit overboard. There are guys at my local range that really go way out there. They carry big blades and ankle pistols plus their EDC gun. Always wear safety glasses where ever they go. Their conversations consists of tactical gear and strategy. Its very annoying not to mention hard to carry a convo with them. I just don't see eye with those kinda folks. Be aware but drop the bullcrap.

Being a sheepdog will eventually get you and/or someone else hurt. Its starting to become an epidemic. Its what these folks think about constantly and they look for the situation to arise. This will lead to someone jumping the gun to be a hero with a brief lapse in thinking causing injury to others. Mark my words. Just my opinion. I'm entitled to it. :)

Says the guy who's handle is 40CalJustice, lol!

Haha. Yeah know right. I guess my handle screams sheepdog. I can assure you I'm not. .40cal is my caliber of choice and my dogs name is justice. Its got a bit of a double meaning. If you sneak in at night you might get a pit bull or a .40cal. Sounds sheepdogish though. I never thought about that. Good catch. :D

I hate to see the term sheepdog become synonymous with "mall ninja." It does Lt. Col. Grossman's work an injustice.

Besides, we who have a carry permit look like total nutters to certain people no matter what we do. I try to avoid looking down on folks because they carry one more gun or knife or magazine than I do.

To paraphrase, I can't describe a mall ninja, but I know one when I see it.

I never turn my back to the door at the urinal; consequently I am always peeing on people as they come in.

No you're supposed to go in a stall and prop your feet up on the sides so no-one knows you are in there while you pee.

Does sheepdog imply you see yourself as the protector of the restaurant?

I prefer to be a Me-mine-dog.

Let's not wander into whether you are not a sheepdog and then a bad person, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back