Pa TFL'ers

Soda, K80, and I shot the sporting clays course once. Fun Fun Fun!!!!!!! :)

Took my dad and Charlie out there atleast once also. The course is really nice!

November 9th is a Sunday I think?? I will have to check to see if we can make it, I know Charlie was asking about going back out there to shoot the course again!

Any news on this? I have some stuff to do in the early AM Saturday but I could easily cruise up in time to turn some money into noise.
Sunday is not open for me though. Church until well into the afternoon.
Mike

Does anyone have real directions? Not the mapquest link. I know how to get there but I do not know the roads and there is at least one new TFLer who would like a simple, "Get off the T-pike, make a right, go to second light, make a right. etc.... Real street names might be helpful as well.

Directions, according to my notes:

Take the Quakerstown, PA-663 S exit (exit 32?) off the Turnpike (I-476) and merge onto John Fries Hwy. Drive three miles, to about the 3rd stoplight, and turn right on Geryville Pike. You'll see a big church where you turn. Drive 2 miles until you see a big rock, and a gravel road that forks off to the right. That's Janes Lane -- it leads right to the range. The rifle/pistol parking lot is the second right, past the barn.

My car is fixed! :cool: My shotgun isn't. :( I'm planning to be there, and I guess I'll rent something.

Thanks David. I can bring an 870 for you. All my barrels are 20" though. I have one with a bead (cylinder bore) and the others are rifle-sited. You could also bring your own barrel and we can just swap it to one of my 870's if you'd like.
Mike

My problem is actually a broken long barrel for my Mossy 500. I'll bring my 18" barrel, but I'd prefer something longer for clays. Then again, maybe we can have a "home defense" sporting clays shoot. :D

I haven't been able to get up to W&W to make sure everything was all clear. I'm 99% sure that nothing is scheduled though.

Who's all coming? I will try and bring my friend that came last time.

sodapop, this is my first post on the board..and thanks mike for helping me out...
anyway, is there going to be another shoot?? is it open to anybody?
thanks
bob

I've got an idea. Let's wait until the last minute for details like WHAT FLIPPIN' TIME! :)

Seriously though, is this a pump gun shoot as Geoff originally planned or something else? Inquiring minds want to know.....and so do I.

Mike

Lets make the finally decision Saturday morning......about 12:00.

Is that ok with you?

12:00pm Saturday we'll hit the course. I'll try and get up there around 11am and we can hit the 5 stand as a warm up.

This Saturday we're gonna "shotgun shoot" and sometime in January I'll hold another bonanza.
Can't make the shotgun shoot -- too much other stuff to do and no shotgun. But please keep me appraised of the Jan. event. I now have something that goes pop instead of boom. :D

- pdmoderator

Ok, were all set for 12:00pm right?

I may load up some 45acp and head up early in the morning.

Seeya all there.

But please keep me appraised of the Jan

You'll get a harrassing PM from me sometime in December.:D

Sorry I didn't make it today. It's no excuse, but the body wasn't willing this morning. I did finally crawl out of bed at 1 PM. :rolleyes: Hope you guys had fun.

A very humbling day at the sporting clay range.
We had room on the cart for a fourth but you may have wanted to walk. We let Geoff (from NY) drive. ;)
All in all a fine day.
Mike

The course can be pretty tough at times. I did better on the rabbits this time. Having a gun that fits sure helps.

I took 2 Aleve when I got home.:(

No comment on the driver of the golf cart we rented. :p

What do you call a golf cart when your using it for sporting clays?

I guess 9mmMike was the one riding shotgun today.:D

Back