Pa TFL'ers

OK Now that I have thoroughly screwed up this shoot and PO'ed everybody interested. Let's try for a tentative date in July.

How about July 13/14.

OK folks check in with yea or nay.

You might want to check with W&W to see if they have any tournaments scheduled for those dates before we consider it. Or doesn't it matter? Were we there during a tournament last time?

What exactly is the July shotgun shoot going to be?

I'm pretty exhausted so It's just as well we don't do it tomorrow.

W & W has cancelled all future tournaments due to poor turnout. Seems the sport of Sporting Clays is heading for hard times due to the economy. :(

About the proposed shoot:

I am setting up a course specifically tuned to Pump Shotguns. I can do this without the course having to change anything by re sequencing the numbers of targets.

Every stand (20 in all!) will allow the shooter to load THREE shells per presentation. Most stands will only throw two clays per presentation so you will have an extra shot if you miss :D To do this safely I will have to act as safety officer and will not shoot the course. This is to make sure everyone unloads before they move from the shooting stand. Some stands willl have three clays per presentation.

Safety will be heavily emphasized here, should not be a problem for TFL'ers. We all know to load only when in firing position and not move from the firing position with a loaded gun, right :)

Anyone can come. I can accomodate only 5 shooters but if more want to come I will schedule a second date. The only hard and fast rule will be PUMP SHOTGUNS ONLY!

We all have to start at the same time, and will move from stand to stand. Other shooters will be using the course and I do not want to run into conflicts with them as they will be shooting the normal sporting course.

The cost for 100 birds is $30. This is the charge for a normal round of Sporting Clays. Bring about 150 shells, more if you have them.

I have not talked to the range owners about this yet. Please let me do so before any of you talk to them OK OK OK! :D

Mr. Ross,

Am I going to have to buy an 870 next? Or an AR?

I have 3 friends that want to go up to W&W but I will have to beat the you know what out of them to get them to come up. Let's try and nail a date down.

The only weekend I cannot come is the weekend of the 4th of July. (July 6 and 7)

Any other time is OK.

Herr Soda Pop, you and your 3 paisans would make a great dry run for the shoot. When do you want to shoot. I have two pump guns to use.

9mm mike and PD Moderator how about some input here, you both had interest. I will consider several dates if we all can't come on one date.

How bout June 15 for the first group. Another group on the 13th of July.

PS Show up this time:p

Last edited:
I think June 15th is the weekend of the car shoot. I'm not sure if I can go yet. All of My friends own shotguns. I'm the nut with the "Battle Rifle."

Is that 30.00 fee on top of the 20.00 that I usually pay to shoot there?
You guys with the memberships probably don't even know that they raised the fee by five bucks! I used to get change back from my 20.00!
Mike

It's $30 for the clays. It use to be $15 for rifle and went up to $20.

Just get a Membership and you'll get your moneys worth. I've gone to W&W about 20 times this year. That equivalent to 4 Member ship fees if I paid $20 each time. If I shot shotgun more often I'd get the whole kit an kabutal (or however you spell kit and kaputal) for $200

Geoff, I'm interested, and my only shotgun is a pump, but I really need to do some test firing first. I've only used the gun once, at the nearby Bull Run sporting clays course, and that's when the vent rib broke! I need to see if I fixed it, or if it's time to get out the soldering iron. :eek: :rolleyes:

It costs $20 to shoot on the rifle range. A round of Sporting clays (100 birds) is $30 (this is pretty much standard at most courses.) If you do both it can get expensive.

I bought a combo membership for $200. This gives me free rifle and reduces the cost of clays to $24, Plus you get two free rounds or 200 birds. The sporting course is nice because it is all automatic, no trapper has to accompany you as on most courses (and of course it is considered gentlemanly to tip the trapper afterwards, adding to the cost of a round) W & W has one of the best laid out courses I have shot, most aren't as nice or as "Comfortable" as W & W. Hope it stays open.

BTW a round of 5 stand is $7 for25 birds ($6 for members)

OK no June 15, how about the 22nd?

What a dufus! I have a family thing that weekend on the 23rd! Can't go anyway. Must update my social calendar :rolleyes:

Looks like we wait untill July.

Any other requests :(

All right!!!
I've got the itch to shoot shotgun. Now when is this thing going to be?

I've got to go to a Rush concert on the 14th and I'm going to be away on the 20th and 21st but I'm ready for the July 13th??????????????????????????????????????

All right!!!

I've got to go to a Rush concert on the 14th and I'm going to be away on the 20th and 21st but I'm ready for July 13th??????????????????????????????????????

All right!!!

I've got to go to a Rush concert on the 14th and I'm going to be away on the 20th and 21st but how about July 13th??????????????????????????????????????

Back