NRA Sues Ackerman-McQueen, Ackerman-McQueen Tries to Oust LaPierre at Meeting

Comments on the Wayne LaPierre testimonial in the September American Rifleman? Seems that if you question his leadership, you have joined the other side.

After reading the article, all I could think was "Nice to see Baghdad Bob found a job after the war"

The investigation into the not for profit case is underway. The New York judge presiding over the case refused to allow the NRA to hear the testimony of Oliver North.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...0190819-5pjfujeciveijcujnwnbhbitb4-story.html

This same New York attorney general was responsible for dissolving the Trump Foundation
But Assistant Attorney General Emily Stern promised to cut off North should he begin sharing information that is off-limits.

oh there you go then they got it covered.

One of the things that disturbs me about all of this is the “saviors” of the NRA are all Ackerman McQueen drones pulling down huge salaries from AM. From what I know of a few of them, its a 50/50 mix of great leaders and people I wouldn’t let within a mile of my neighborhood. That doesn’t encourage me.

Last edited:
I'm appalled by what appears to be a vindictive act of desperation by Wayne.
Meanwhile, the NRA continues to circle the drain.

The NRA won't see so much as another dime from me until changes are made. That includes the NRA roundups with merchants I buy from.

Donations must be really off! Getting one to two solicitation letters per week and a similar number of emails per day. I will not give another cent until I understand what is going on. If ever there was a need for truth, it is now.

All members need to make their feelings known to the NRA. They need to know just how many members disapprove.

I contacted them regarding my concerns relating to the current controversy but have received no reply or even an acknowledgement of my contact from them. Maybe I was supposed to send a check with my correspondence.

Every time I think it can't get worse, it does. It sounds like Cooper is being magnanimous, but LaPierre was willing to torpedo active litigation in an effort to save his own skin. Is there any indication that Cooper had actually take any position or action against LaPierre, or is this developing paranoia? Who has the power to stop this? The board is hand picked and loyal, I guess. Will it take a class-action lawsuit by members and ex-members?

Speaking of getting worse:

This article alleges membership money was used to pay off a sexual harassment claim against WLP’s chief of staff: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/n...al-harassment-allegations-against-coo-powell/
I think we would have to find out more about the case and what Virginia law says before making a claim of impropriety.

The big question is why would they keep him? That is the real mystery.

Sad to see the ship going down so fast.

They have gotten any of my money since this whole mess started in March. Given the situation is well past time to start looking elsewhere.

Bartholomew Roberts said:
Speaking of getting worse:

This article alleges membership money was used to pay off a sexual harassment claim against WLP’s chief of staff: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/nr...st-coo-powell/
Unless my reading comprehension skills have deteriorated more than I thought possible, what this article seems to say is that Ackerman-McQueen reported that Josh Powell had sexually harassed an Ackerman-McQueen employee, so the NRA made a confidential payment to settle a sexual harassment claim made by an NRA employee.

Did I get that right?

I just received my first NRA fund raising call in quite some time. The young woman on the phone initially became argumentative when I informed her that I would not contribute until Wayne LaPierre is gone, and I asked her to convey that to the board of directors. She then reiterated that she was from ___ fund raising company, and hung up.

It's funny [NOT!] how these calls all start out with "we" do this, and "we" have to pitch in and help out ... until you mention that you don't support the problems at the NRA, and then suddenly the sweatshop drone makes it clear that she doesn't work for the NRA.

Unless my reading comprehension skills have deteriorated more than I thought possible, what this article seems to say is that Ackerman-McQueen reported that Josh Powell had sexually harassed an Ackerman-McQueen employee, so the NRA made a confidential payment to settle a sexual harassment claim made by an NRA employee.

Did I get that right?

I understood these to be two different people making two separate allegations.

I just received my first NRA fund raising call in quite some time. The young woman on the phone initially became argumentative when I informed her that I would not contribute until Wayne LaPierre is gone, and I asked her to convey that to the board of directors. She then reiterated that she was from ___ fund raising company, and hung up.

My experience was different. The lady who called me was very personable and appeared to be quite sympathetic to my concerns regarding the current situation at the NRA She also said that she would gladly pass my comments on the powers that be.
Whether that happened or not is anyone's guess.

He is a nightmare from a liability standpoint. Another case and they could go after the organization itself for failing to provide a safe work environment etc.

Well, there are plenty of legitimate reasons you might want to settle a sexual harassment allegation even if it isn’t legitimate. What would concern me is NRA alleges Ackerman McQueen made the allegations as part of the wider dispute involving NRA. The reason AM could credibly make the allegation was the previous claim and settlement.

So knowing that NRA and AM were about to have a serious disagreement, why was Powell in a position where AM could even make the claim? Why wasn’t he following the Pence rule?

If NRA can’t see that coming, exactly how are they in the political lobbying business?

Back