New members - please introduce yourselves here

I'm Grippy

Great name huh? Most folk think it gross but it makes me happy.

I have enjoyed shooting since a kid. It's just fun. My first firearm was a Ruger Single Six I believe it was called. I had to sell it. Then I bought a .22 rifle and it was boring in the sense it had NO personality. I sold it. I was at Woolworth in the early 80's and they had Garands for $240 and M1 Carbines for $120. I bought the carbine cause I could afford it. Still have that beauty.

I saw a 1969 Romanian trainer 22 for $45 at a sport store and bought it. It is great for chipmunks at long range. (they get in the crawlspace). Love the bolt action.

My Pa gave me his .38 Colt Cobra which I can't hit anything with.

Finally my wife has her dad's shotgun a nice old 410.

I went hunting for birds once. I didn't like it. Hunting is fine it's just not for me. I'd rather feed the critters.

I like old guns made with wood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Introducing GhostDog

Hi folks,

I'm GhostDog, and I'm happy to be a new member of TFL. I live in Ogden, Utah, and I have been a firearms/shooting enthusiast for about 35 years. I'm currently focused on long-range tactical shooting, but I enjoy just about anyting that makes a big bang :) My current favorite shooting stick is a highly modified Rock River AR 15 that I use for ranges up to 650 yards (see pic below). I also have an FNAR .308 that I use for longer distances. I'm a very active reloader, and I currently work in a peripheral capacity for the ammunition industry.

I'm looking forward to hanging out with y'all! :)

GDog
rifle3.jpg

Hi everyone, been looking at the site for a while now and just joined. I've been shooting rifles and shotguns since I was a kid and have recently gotten into handguns and have been taking my 11 yr old son to the range every chance I get to have some fun. Started him at 6 years old with one of my .22 rifles and he's now also shooting the handguns as well. He's been wanting to try shotgunning and when he's a bit bigger I'll start him on the larger caliber rifles as well. Looking forward to meeting folks here, lots of good and interesting stuff!

Ken

hey everyone - ive been reading TFL for a little while now and decided to join in the fun.

I live in northern NJ and I'm kind of new to guns. I got my first gun about 2 weeks ago, a Beretta 92FS Inox 9mm, for home defense/range shooting. Soon I hope to get into trap or skeet shooting.

Thanks!

Hi

My name's Jonathan, I'm originally from NYC, but live in FL nowadays. I'm a very simple person. I think everything is possible, and I like spirituality, music, and freedom.

New to this

This seems like a great site to get questions answered... I've been shooting since I was a young boy, but now have difficulties finding places to go shoot out in the woods, not on a formal range. It's starting to get to be an expensive hobby...

Please allow me to introduce myself...

I am looking forward to leaning some good information and also sharing what I have learned the hard way after shooting my whole life. Seems like a great place to get some real good information. Thanks

hello all....i live in California (please don't hold it against me were not all bad)
im married with 1 child (daughter) i love to fish every chance i get and shooting.i got my daughter her first rifle this last Christmas (Ruger 10-22)and wish i had done it sooner as she loves to shoot as much as i do.sad thing about living here is ammo has gone through the roof in prices and keeps us from enjoying our selves.but we go as often as finances let us.

i know very little about guns but love to learn....forgive me if i ask too many questions
and thanks for having me here.

javabum (Kevin)

Last edited:
Howdy!!!

Here I go.

I am approaching the half century mark in age. I live in one of the western states. I do some shooting and some hunting. My gun collection is modest. I prefer older sporting rifles.

I work for a government entity.

More on me as time goes on.

Born and raised in northern NY, the Adirondacks, but now live in Michigan. Not happy about it but that's life, and I must admit it's easier to get a CPL in MI than in NY so that's a positive. :)

An RN, working for govt., & finally decided to join my husband in the handgun dept. He shoots a S & W 686P 4", while I shoot a S & W 640 w/CT grip.

Have found some great info, suggestions and ideas on this site. Thank you for putting this site out there, and keep up the good work.

I grew up in the Dallas area. I'm a USAF vet and father of 3 sons. I grew up in a non-gun home, but have been a gun owner for 15 years now. I shoot when I can and learn constantly. I will be prepared.

Hello, I'm from Mississippi by way of North Alabama. I moved here to go to Veterinary School. Huge gun nut, unfortunetly, right now don't have the funds to fully fund my tastes. :( But in 3 years, hopefully that will change. I love to duck hunt and deer hunt a little. I also like handguns but right now can't really justify investing in them.
Anyway, thats a little about me.

Howdy

I'm Ben. Been in the Air Force for about 8 yrs now. Own two rifles. I've come to this site often for advice and suggestions and now I figure it's a good time to finally join.

I have a 1943 Izzy Mosin Nagant. Black and blue bruises can't cure this mosinitis. I seriously love that gun.

I'm just picked up a Stevens 200 in the .223. Should be good for filling the small game gap that a MN would vaporize on contact :rolleyes:.

I prolly won't post all that often for lack of experience, but I'll be around.

Last edited:

Hello to all the members here. I'm from the Phoenix area and hold a Concealed Weapons Permit for Arizona. I've read some great posts and after reading them decided that this would be the very best place to get some answers and opinions. I have used "ricochet" as my CB handle when I started Long Haul trucking back in 1975 *smile*...so I hope nobody minds (like ricochet for instance, lol). I do have a question about the AZ Law the gov signed yesterday that say's you cannot have DRY ICE and BULLETS in the same place and I can't find any answers "why"? I will post a new thread or maybe one of the experts could do it also. Anyhow

Current FNG

I'm the FNG from Wisconsin. I'm 45 years old and have been hunting and collecting since I was 12 years old. 23 year military veteran. I may have some questions for the S&W experts out there. Any assistance available would be most appreciated. Good day.

Mr. Newguy

I have often read these posts and go here to get some good reloading data on occcasion. Maybe you guys (or ladies) could help me with this.

If anyone could help, I sure would appreciate it. I have some 9mm125 gr Sierra JHPs and do not have any reccomendations for a powder charge. I do not have the data in my manuals nor can I find it on line. Any Suggestions??
Thanks

Bill, Army Veteran(Tanker), Currently in the Seattle area by way of Kentucky. Primarily an OpenCarrier here in Washington but do need to CC at times.

Come join me at OpenCarry.org

Primary Weapon: 1911

Hello from Prescott, Arizona

Moved down here from Montana, a little over a year ago. The thirteen years I lived in Montana though, I'll miss.... along with all the hunting, fishing, etc.
I'm a professional knifemaker... sixteen years now. Also a gun nut... been hunting since I was nine, and grew up in Texas. Grampa taught me everything... and was a one shot, one kill philosophy, and I guess.... that's why I'm still a single shot rifle, fan.
All of my knives and spurs are handmade by me, along with heat treating and cryo'ing. I have a feeling many of you are not familiar with the custom market.
Looking forward to participating and studying the archives.
I go by Charles.
My website is: www.sauerknives.com
Come visit....

Back