New members - please introduce yourselves here

Newish member intro

Hello all, I say 'newish' member as I have read posts here for 2 or 3 years now, but haven't posted anything myself. This place is a wealth of information, and I have learned a lot just reading.

I have been into pistol shooting, getting my CHL, etc and trying to learn all I can. My 1st pistol was an XD9 - sold it after getting my 2nd pistol, a Dan Wesson Guardian, and just bought an Iver Johnson Thrasher 9mm.

Anyway, will be posting more as time goes on, and thanks to whoever started this Forum. It is a blast to read.

debra - Oh, I am Shane's (moderator's) mom. He put me onto this great site.

Hi guys. I am from Texas.

I have been shooting for 25 years, started off pistol shooting and rifle shooting. At one time, I had a collection of about 200 guns. I had to sell all my guns because I moved to NJ, as NJ is very strict on gun ownership.

I just started shooting again, and Im now more of an NFA guy.

As my name implies, I prefer machine guns.

Hi Folks!

I decided to request membership in this forum after reading it for a long time. I have other hobbies that include photography, kayaking, playing keyboards, and amateur radio once in a great while.

In the gun realm, I have done woodworking on stocks, and several repairs and customizations. That includes building a custom 7mm-08 target rifle, and re-stocking a few guns including a Savage (Fox) Sterlingworth SxS shotgun. I have glass-bedded a few rifles and am now restoring an old Mossberg 43 .22LR rifle.

I enjoy shooting almost anything including high-power rifles down to rimfires, airguns, blowguns, and even rubber bands (do you know there actually is a proper way to shoot them?).

This seems like a great place to learn, share, and grow. Thanks for letting me in!

Lou

Just wanted to say hello and hope to continue reading all the fine posts. I'm from Texas, new to brass loading been reloading shotshell for years.

Hello from Texas

Hi all. I've been a gun enthusiast for as long as I remember. My first real gun was Grandpa's 22 single shot, which I acquired from him when I was 10. That was about 55 years ago. I got into pistols and reloading back in the early '80s. I kinda slowed down with everything about 15 years ago, but now I'm back. Now we have gun forums on the internet. Opens up a whole new world. Look forward to chatting with you all.

Hi All

Just a quick introduction post: I am a 46 yo female and didn't know anything about shooting, self-defense or guns in general just 6 months ago. I went out to a store at the end of December 12 and saw a little ruger .22 pistol that seemed to fit my hand perfectly. I have now taken quite a few classes, have a CPL, own 4 handguns and now am starting to get into rifle shooting. Who knew a girly girl could have so much fun learning about firearms and going to the range! Thanks to all the workers at FiringLine who are so patient and helpful with a newbie.

Just a quick introduction post: I am a 46 yo female and didn't know anything about shooting, self-defense or guns in general just 6 months ago. I went out to a store at the end of December 12 and saw a little ruger .22 pistol that seemed to fit my hand perfectly. I have now taken quite a few classes, have a CPL, own 4 handguns and now am starting to get into rifle shooting. Who knew a girly girl could have so much fun learning about firearms and going to the range! Thanks to all the workers at FiringLine who are so patient and helpful with a newbie.

I've just started my firearm training as well and have enjoyed it. 44yo female here with ZERO exposure to handguns until a few weeks ago. Awaiting my FOID card application to be processed so I can start to look at different handgun options and get some practice.

Have fun and of course, stay safe.

Greetings from Kentucky

Hello forum members,
My name is James & just became a new member here & am glad to be here.
Not new to guns & shooting though. Been shooting since my granddaddy took me hunting when I was 10 & I've loved guns it ever since, even though I don't hunt anymore. Spent some time in Uncle's Army but that's ancient history (1976-1980). I love my wife, my kids, my dogs & my guns. I hate the fact that Uncle keeps sticking his nose into MY business & taking my hard earned money but some things ya just can't stop.
I've just gotten into reloading, though I haven't run my first batch yet (still researching & buying the equipment).
Looking forward to making a positive contribution to this forum.

New member from West Tennessee

Hi all, I am new here. I have been around firearms all my life, but I only recently became a Gun Nerd. I really love all things firearms!

I am a Videographer/Filmmaker. I recently decided to throw those two passions together and started an internet TV show called "Gun Nerds TV"
You can check out our first attempt here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDbOHm4D1XE

Glad to be here!

gusser33

Hi. New to shooting. Well, i shot a m14 in the Army but that was long ago. I shot for the first time last year and was hooked. I have all 22lr's, both pistols and rifles and one shotgun. I just want to talk with people about their guns and what they recommend i purchase.

Hi! I'm posting from Atlanta, Georgia. My general interest in firearm is for hunting and for leisure. Though I haven't slayed a deer, my deer slayer is a Remington 700 SPS AAC-SD.

I've been hunting with Federal Power-shok and practice with both Federal Match and Power-shok. I plan to start loading my own rounds with Barnes TTSX for some good knock down power.

Glad to be on TheFiringLine.com.

Here is she is and the hogs she brought home:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• remmy-111.jpg
    remmy-111.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 190
  • hogs_1.jpg
    hogs_1.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 184
Hello

Long time reader, finally decided to make it official.

I am AD Army, just shy of my 7 year mark. I was raised by my grandfather who was retired Army, and my earliest memories are literally of coveting his gun cabinet. Started shooting an air rifle/bb gun around 11-12

Got my first .22 at age of 14, a Mossberg 152k which I still own and shoot quite regularly.

I also currently own a Glock 26 gen 4, a Ruger MKIII 22/45, an Armi gt27 .25, a Remington 1100 16ga, and a Marlin 336.

In the next week or so I am purchasing my first Mosin Nagant, and by the end of the year I plan to purchase a WASR 10/63.

I am also burning up with want for a G17.

I am a NRA member, but honestly only because it was free.

Look forward to talking to you all!

New to guns

I recently decided I wanted to purchase a firearm. I decided on a Beretta Neos U22 with a 6" barrel. I have added a TruGlo Red Dot on it. It's a lot of fun and a challenge too.
I look forward to being a member of the forum. I have many questions that I'm sure will be answered.

Introduction

Gents and Ladies,

I am Pogybait or, if you're a squid/anchor clanker, that would be gedunk (what can I say, it's the Navy). I am retired (one each E-8 type) Army active duty, Colorado Army National Guard, Colorado Air National Guard and finally, Air Force Reserve. I know, I know, you've seen one bus driver, you've seen 'em all. Don't get me wrong, I have a very special place in my heart for all service members and that includes the Coast Guard. My deceased father is an Army officer veteran of WWII (but did not see action) and a combat veteran of the Korean War. As he would say, he was a "trigger puller".

Will someone tell me how I access responses? Is it at the top right where "welcome" is?

Greetings

I have used TFL forums for info for quite some time,and finally decided to join.I have been around guns since my preteens,and have a great respect and enjoyment from them.My children may not always agree with my views,but at least could defend themselves if the need arises.Due to having "Family First",and then going on disability has limited my funds for my hobby,but at least have a .380,a .22,and a 12ga.Looking into something more exotic like an 80%'er,as I was a machinist before disability,and still like to tinker.Thank You for letting me into your fine group!

hi there
im john from england, birmingham to be exact , been into firearms for about 10 years now but wish the uk laws would change to allow us pistols :rolleyes:

at the moment i have a ruger super red hawk .44 lbr [uk spec] a browning buckmark .22 semi lbp [uk spec], a remington 700 in 308 with a t8 mod and accuracy international stock, a mauser 98k in 7.92 a mosin nagant carbine in 7.62, a rossi underleaver 24" octagonal barrel in 38/357, a benneilli m3 super 90 shotgun :) a few normal shotguns [oh and slugb*tch a rossi break barrel that i use for ermmm fun lol] and a 303 smle number 3 mk1. i think thats about it ?:o
for now ;)

New member: StorminNormin

Hey Folks,
New forum member. I enjoy target shooting with rifles and handguns (all types).
Just sprung for my first Leupold riflescope and couldn't be happier! Also an avid fisherman.
Best,
StorminNormin

Afternoon Everybody,

I am new around these parts, although i have been commenting on some discussions prior to posting in the new member thread. I am very interested in getting started in reloading and have already been over to the handloading forum. A lot of good info over there.

I was cleaning the house to move, and my late husband left me a surprise in the closet. I took a good look, shrugged, and said "might as well learn how to take care of and use it." "It" turned out to be an older M1 carbine. It's an interesting mess, with a number of things needing to be fixed (wobbly trigger assemby, anyone?). I've been having lots of fun learning how to clean and safely use firearms,starting with a buddy's pistols while I gathered the necessary supplies and instruction. I found this site from another recommended one, CRPA. I liked the look, feel, and members' chatter, so I joined. :)

Back