New members - please introduce yourselves here

Duh Me

Hi yall. Unfortunately in my hurry to get training information I some how overlooked this introduction forum. :confused:

I originally posted my introduction in the Hogan's Alley Forum under Tactics and Training as Newbie To This Forum

I'm in South Carolina and am looking to befriend another female in my area that may be willing to go to a shooting range with me once I complete my training.

Here I am trying to learn and be respectful and I've already messed up. :rolleyes: Please pardon me for overlooking this introduction area.

New to everything

I'm new to everything firearm-related and have definitely never been a "gun guy." I took a free introduction to firearms class a little over a week ago (first time I'd ever touched, held or shot a firearm) and loved shooting. My main interest is in some target and sport shooting and I'm already lusting after great or interesting guns. I went to my first gun show yesterday and almost left with a used Weatherby Vanguard in .308 Win.

Hello All...

Hello everyone,

I've enjoyed reading some of the threads on this forum and finally got around to signing up now that I'm in need of a little advice.

About me, I'm 32 and work as a freelance software developer in the DFW area. I'm always looking to meet new friends and hope I can make a few here.

Regards,

Matt

Hi, I just joined today and wonder if anyone can tell me the type of action on a late 1990's Browning A Bolt and how it compares to Mauser/Remington/Sako etc.. I recently became interested in having a rifle, probably 7mm STW, built and while researching barrels, triggers etc. I realized I know nothing about actions except that Mauser is probably the most reliable. I have 2 Browning A Bolts in 270 Win and 300 Win Mag and love them.

Hi all,

My name is Dave but mostly I go by Coyote. I live north of Seattle but am from a little town in south central Oregon. As my dad says, I'm old enough to know better and too young to care. I spent three years of my late teens at Ft. Polk LA in the early '80s. There's more, information is free for the asking.

I joined the forum to get some insight from people that are familiar with the weapons that I'm interested in. I just bought my first rifle, a 91/30 Mosin Nagant, a single barrel break action 410 for my wife (who is waiting for her paperwork to clear for her Springfield 9MM EMP). The danger is that both my wife and I are obsessive collectors (I have nearly 2 dozen canes, over 70 Tarot decks, a collection of hats...well a collection of collections).

Eventually I want to succeed in only two hunts; one deer and one coyote. After that I'll strictly be a for fun target shooter.

I have gotten a lot of really good information and feedback so far. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from as many people as I can.

As far as non firearm related things, my wife and I have a collection of snakes and are active in a local reptile society dedicated to public education and reptile rescue. I'm also a semi pro/hobbiest photographer and a Tarot reader.

Pleased to meet you all,

Coyote WT

Nooooobie

Hey everyone.

I'm Ryan, I was born, raised, and still live in Western Colorado.

I come from a pretty 'country' family but I've only very recently got into guns. Just bought my first one, Marlin Model 60 .22. Despite my screen-name, I do not own a Weatherby, just my last name. Would love to get one real soon though, I've always heard good things about them. I'm just here to learn as much as possible. I'll never have a high numbered post count on here, but I'm definitely here.... reading :)

Which Varmint Gun Should I buy?

Well I hope I have found a site that I can get some real answers for some questions.

Can anyone tell me about the Savage 25 LWT VAR T 204 RUG or the Remington 700 SP Synthetic VAR 204 RUG. I am not sure as to which one would be better. Any help would be great.

HOWDY from new guy

I'm a 58 year old white male, Sacramento Cal.

I do a little shooting and motorcycle riding off road.

X Navy guy and retired federal civil service.

Got a Winchester 30/30 ranger that I've got a Lil trouble with getting it back together need a parts diagram of some type so I can figure out how it all goes back together. LOL. I had a clip break off inside of this thing and have the part on order. Thanks for any help.

I've got a request for the said issue over in the general forum arrea.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Rick

Hi, I'm Jeff. New to forum, but not firearms. Prior LEO, still in gov't work, looking forward to retiring after a third career.:)

New member.

Hey everybody, I'm a new member to this forum and trying to start my gun collection. I Love guns; ALWAYS HAVE. But still I feel I have alot to learn.

Tone

this thread kinda sounds a little like firearms anonymous, but its ok, ill follow suit.
you may call me jules. i live in seattle, and although only recently did i buy my first gun, that number has jumped quickly to 6. i find myself reading any info i can find on shooting, gear, stats, and the like. i cant seem to know enough, and it looks like i will learn volumes more by sitting and listening to what those on TFL have to share.
hope to see you all in other threads :)

Hi all!

Just making my first post here to introduce myself.
I'm a long time shooter and collector, hunter.

Located in NW PA...anyone else here in my parts?

Hello

Hi my im from Oregon, my name is Brandon. Im kind of new to forums so im no real familiar with how this all works.. just wanted to introduce myself here and then get back to figuring this thing out.

Hi!
My name is Bill and I've never shot any type of firearm.
My wife and I are in our 30's and looking into getting our handgun permits. I'm mainly interested in the sport of shooting.
I'm here to read and learn, thanks in advance.

Beards

Howdy

Dave from OKC here. Nice to meet yall . Just getting back into shooting. Just got my gun and just waiting to go shoot ( S&W SW9VE) second one had to trade first. But hope to learn something from everyone. Thanks in advance.

Dave

Hello!

My name is Deb and I'm Coyote WT's wife. He's been chatting about how much he's enjoying this forum so I thought I'd join into the community.

I grew up in the North Seattle area and still live here. I've always been interested in firearms and have in the past owned a nice little .410 shotgun (no idea what the mfg was now). When Dave mentioned that he wanted to get back into shooting I was all for it. We went to the range about 6 weeks ago and I shot my first handgun. There was no turning back after that and I recently picked up a Springfield EMP 9mm. I'm sure this won't be the last one I pickup, either.

Along with working on being an avid shooter I also am involved in our local reptile club, occasionally breed some of our Australian pythons and am active in a local pitbull/bully breed club.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot while here!

New guy here from the west side of Washington state. Grew up hunting and shooting and now I'm trying to expand my knowledge on doing some custom work on my pistols and hopefully begin shooting IDPA very soon.

Back