New Charter Arms Revolvers (aka the .45 Colt Bulldog thread)

Good to see Charter expanding their line. I was hoping they would come out with a 6 round .357 in their larger frame. I may wait a few weeks and send them an email to see if I could swing by the factory to check out the new offerings. They are really good about that.

I had a new .44 Bulldog that was out of time right out of the box. After they fixed it, the cylinder release broke within 100 rounds and the gun had loosened up.

IMNSHO I would never buy a Charter as a serious shooter. The durability just ain't there.

I bet with the XL frame size 6 six shot 357 is possible ...

Id like to have a 10mm model
I think in the next 5-10 years, if 10mm continues to become more popular, you will see Charter offer a 10mm Pitbull. Hi Point just announced that they're going to release a 10mm carbine next year and Ruger released a 10mm 1911 months ago, so there seems to be a growing market for the 10mm and manufacturers are taking notice.

IMNSHO I would never buy a Charter as a serious shooter. The durability just ain't there.
First hand experience or just a feeling you have?
FWIW - I'm of a similar feeling, but, the popularity of the brand, among people whose opinions I trust, has me wondering.

I had a new .44 Bulldog that was out of time right out of the box. After they fixed it, the cylinder release broke within 100 rounds and the gun had loosened up.
The key factor is when? Charter has been through a few incarnations. Some of which resulted in less than great products. Everything points to the current company making a well built revolver.

Top Notch service from charter. Above and beyond their responsibility.

Love my 44 Bulldog. I blew it up on the first day using some one else's reloads.

My fault, and I told them on the phone exactly what happened hoping they could salvage some parts and sell me another gun.

They replaced it for free.

Best folks in the business.

David

A example of their customer service Saturday I sent them a email with a few questions.. I received a call today ... Not a return email .. But a call ....

Contacted Underwood Ammo about their 45 Colt 225gr wadcutter round ,44spl 200gr wadcutter & 41 Mag 210gr XTP ... all would function safely in tbe Charter revolvers ...

Should be great choices for SD

I’ve dealt with charters customer service after buying a beater gun sight unseen online and when I got the gun it was giving light strikes. Called charter. They sent me a shipping label and ended up replacing the crane and the cylinder star. And sent it back. They called me to explain what they did to the gun and were super nice and cooperative. Earned themselves a life long customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creative defense loads and smoke screen...

A 200 grain bullet on top of 40+ grains of Swiss FFFg would make for a capable alternative for defensive use. What's not to like, a 45 caliber bullet, the deep throated roar of black powder, an instant smoke screen and if an assailant was really close, the power of "fire and brimstone" may set your attacker on fire!

Hmm, all this from a reliable compact 21st century "belly-gun!" :cool:

I'm on board for a .41 mag, been shooting them for over 30 years. Always thought a snub would be fun.

For those of you who want a .41 Magnum snub, Taurus made the Model 415 in both a light-weight and all s/s version for years (with a 2 1/2" ported barrel). Mine, the all steel variant, has proven to be reliable and very controllable when firing multiple shots quickly.

Back