Multiple rifles in the same caliber - what's the point?

I inherited both these guns from my grandfather.

That's enough right there not to sell the gun.

Edit: Well, just realized this thread is from 2013. Cant understand why people sign up to this forum only to resurrect threads that are years old.

Well since it has so far resulted in another page or so of comments and another two months since resurrection; it may still be a relevant topic.
Or posed enough interest for some to reply.

It is a pain in the rear to join a forum just to post one reply, so I agree on that. I have no issues with old threads coming up.

It's just the OP asked for advice 2 years ago, I doubt hes still deciding on whether to sell or keep his semi-auto 30-06 that he inherited.

Lol^^^, im with ya. I didn't realize how old the post was either until you brought it up. Not sure why people drag up two year old questions either..:confused:. Oh wait a minute, they do it to make people like me look like an ass for not paying attention..:D

It is true... But what happens is:
People are googling stuff. Google doesn't care that it is two years old. The guy reads the posts, does not really pay attention to the dates.
The guy thinks that he has something to add to the discussion, so he sets up an account... Types up his reply and is on his merry way.

We regulars; we respond ( not looking at the dates) then the saga gets a new life. That is; until a member that pays attention to detail a points this out. We all then feel like doofuses.

How do I know this? I've done it lol.

Now contrast this to the other possibility:
I guy sets up new account,, then asks a general knowledge question. This is when the old timers shake their canes at him and tell them "try google next time!"

And there you have it.....

You should never sell grandpa's guns (just to stay on topic)

If I were you I would keep both but it is up to you. Since they are a bolt action and a semi(personally I would like to have a semi and a bolt of every caliber I own) they are to me like 2 totally different guns. Owning 2 of they same caliber is fine as long as you have purposes for both and don't just never use one. And yes since there grandpas guns I would definatly keep them both.

Zach

Back