Maverick 88 or NEF Pardner Protector?

I'm wondering why you want more than one HD shotgun, unless you have several people in your home that your trying to arm in a break in situation. If that's the case then that's fine. If not then I don't see the need to have more than one.

The NEF is the Hipoint of the shotgun world.

I don't know why anyone would want to buy this chinese potmetal junk when a real shotgun is less than $50 more.

The NEF is the Hipoint of the shotgun world.

I don't know why anyone would want to buy this chinese potmetal junk when a real shotgun is less than $50 more.

Pot metal?

The NEF is made of steel, and if its made by Norinco its likely to be 5100 series steel which is stronger than nearly all metals used by US manufacturers.. Where as the Mossy 500 is made of aluminum which is considered a "pot metal".

We would never have to worry about winning in a war with China because all of their pot metal weapons would fall apart. Lol :)

The Protector has the heaviest & thickest steel receiver of any shotgun being built today. It's built like a tank.

GC

Last edited:
I'd save up a little more cash an opt for a Benelli Supernova Tactical.

Benelli_Nova_PistolGrip_Tactica_lSynthetic_A.jpg

Kmar40 - I respect the "buy American" point of view but not an ignorant one. The Remington/Marlin/H&R Pardner Protector is as good a HD pump shotgun as there is out there in current production - The heavy duty Dodge Trucks are "Made in Mexico" but no one is crying about that fact. Why can't the cry babies making stupid and ignortant statements about the Pardner shotguns just go away.

You nineteen year olds obviously have never seen a real tool made of real metal. EVery piece of crap from China is the same. Throw away junk. Gun, saw, hammer, nails. It doesn't matter. It's all steaming mounds of crap designed to be sold to ignorant people who don't know any better.

Bolt your heat shields, your breaching muzzle device, and a $20 Chinese red dot sights (that go on the blitz the second time you fire it). You're ready for striking a pose and posting the picture on the net.

I didn't say crap about buy American. Show me where I did. Hipoint is American an it's junk too. Don't buy junk.

Last edited:
So then why don't you like the Pardner Protector? By every objective measure the Pardner is a fine gun - as good as any pump action - so we have only two choices for you - stupid or ignorant - I will believe the best and assume that you are merely ignorant as to the Pardner Protector. You offer no facts - only ignorance. Rather than make nonsense comments why not stay out of a topic where you know nothing and merely post some inane blather or spend $200.00 and find out how wrong you are. That is called reality.

You nineteen year olds obviously have never seen a real tool made of real metal. EVery piece of crap from China is the same. Throw away junk. Gun, saw, hammer, nails. It doesn't matter. It's all steaming mounds of crap designed to be sold to ignorant people who don't know any better.

Bolt your heat shields, your breaching muzzle device, and a $20 Chinese red dot sights (that go on the blitz the second time you fire it). You're ready for striking a pose and posting the picture on the net.

I didn't say crap about buy American. Show me where I did. Hipoint is American an it's junk too. Don't buy junk.

The manufactures and importers in the US contract China manufactures to make products at certain price point. They are looking to turn a big profit and as a result they pay China to make crap. Pay them to make quality and they can make quality.

China isn't going to make a high quality red sight for the few bucks per unit the US importers are paying them.

China knows how make quality weapons.

GC

I guess you don't realize by Chinese disposable junk, I'm talking about the NEF also? Are you one of those that thinks that is made in the US?

I've forgot more about firearms 20 years ago than you'll ever know. Spent the day qualifying other instructors today. I'll be qualing the teams tomorrow and doing force on force with simunitions and paint guns.

You're right. I would NEVER pay $200 for Chinese junk when a Mossberg is about $25 more and a Remington is less than $50 more.

There are times when buying a cheaper gun (even a cheap gun) makes sense. But to save $20 isn't one of them.

I am amazed at how some folks here are such "experts" on what is cheap and disposable in the realm of firearms.

I know some hunters who are very happy with the NEF shotgun and have heard no compaints.

I have a 20 ga. Partner Pump Compact that looks as good as the day I bought it and hasn't given me one minute of grief.

Am I to expect with the "expert" comments made here that my gun is going to all of a sudden fall apart?

And based on what objective experience do the "experts" base their claims?

I frequent a gun shop and presented these arguments to the owner and he admmitted that he was skeptical at first with the NEF pumps but that was alleviated when they started flying off the shelves with not one return.

I had an early version of the Hawk gun and GAVE it away to a friend with out really running it thru some paces and he still has it.

That was roughly seven years ago and the gun still looks good and he loves it.

Disposable? Cheap? Junk?

I doubt that the NEF bashers have the "expertise" they claim based soley on the total lack of objectivity and knee jerking that is evedent in some of the comments made

Sounds kinda like the stuff I hear from liberal gun grabbers who are trying to take our guns away.

Kmar40, "You're right. I would NEVER pay $200 for Chinese junk when a Mossberg is about $25 more and a Remington is less than $50 more.

There are times when buying a cheaper gun (even a cheap gun) makes sense. But to save $20 isn't one of them."

The NEF is built to the same specs as the Remington 870. Hell even the parts interchange. I took a look at a friends new Remmy and Id have to say that if it were'nt for the names stamped on the side. I would have sworn they were the same gun. With the exception of my NEF weighing a little more and atleast it feels like it's built like a tank.

ps
Can anyone tell me why the NEF kicks a Heck of alot harder than the Remmy?

As per the above post, my gun shop (Has over 2,000 guns in stock) owed me $200.00 in "credit" and my gun sales guy said why not get a $200.00 Pardner Protector - He said they had sold hundreds and never had a single one returned for any reason. So I said why not try it out and what a great gun Remington/Marlin/H&R has given us. All the great owner reviews were right on.

"knight0334 :
ps
Can anyone tell me why the NEF kicks a Heck of alot harder than the Remmy?

Maybe because of the stock's drop??"

Oh ok. Thanks for the info. I know because my NEF is heaiber than my friends 870. My NEF kicks a HECK of alot harder with 3in mags.. Whew!!!!!!!!!

"oneounceload
and atleast it feels like it's built like a tank.

Why would you want that?

I prefer MY shotguns to feel like a lithe wand in my hands, able to move magically towards its intended targets"

Dunno it just doesnt feel excuse me "as Cheaply made" as the lighter gun. Mine is for defense not hunting. If I want to frail the badguy upside the head it better be good enough for that too.

Back