Maverick 88 or NEF Pardner Protector?

A SHOTGUN can be picky about ammunition types and brands. I wouldn't know about a shotty, however
For the newbies: To avoid the pickies, many prefer sidies or stackies to pumpies.
Or, in otherwords, two at battery is better than 1 + a potential jamb.

excuse me for my ignorance it's a "shotgun" and not a "shotty". So next time you refer to your firearm or whatever as "her" or "my lady" or this Badboy" or whatever. Remember it's a Shotgun and not a whatever you call it.. Yep! this is my "baby" and pulls out a 1911. lol! Get with the ages man!

"A SHOTGUN can be picky about ammunition types and brands. I wouldn't know about a shotty, however"

I figured it out It hates remington SHOTGUN shells.

nefprotector said:
Did anybody even look at my pics?
Yep, I tried; but, I guess I'm just not with the ages 'cause for me they were too fuzzy to make out much of anything specific.

Happy to hear that you've leaned to avoid a specific brad of ammo for your gun. Perhaps you can share your experiences with the next member with the same problem.

excuse me for my ignorance it's a "shotgun" and not a "shotty". So next time you refer to your firearm or whatever as "her" or "my lady" or this Badboy" or whatever. Remember it's a Shotgun and not a whatever you call it.. Yep! this is my "baby" and pulls out a 1911. lol! Get with the ages man

Yep - get with the ages and learn proper nomenclature...........boy..............
your ignorance is excused only if you've learned from it - if not, then you're not excused................and a shotgun, or any gun, is not a female-gender item.....perhaps you missed that part of grammar...OK, everyone sleeps a little in school.....:p

the pic were the best that I could do. Can ram a camera that far down.

I have oiled, cleaned, etc. Nothing worked except changing ammo. So far so good.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/

THE COMBAT SHOTGUN in the INFANTRY
http://pro-patria.us/COMBATSHOTGUN.mht

U.S. Army Shotgun Qualification standards
http://pro-patria.us/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/SHOTGUN_Qual_Article4.7933747.mht

http://www.hunter-ed.com/wa/

wa_shotgun_range_distance.gif

shot_patterns.jpg

ammo_pattern_spread.gif

Know of any good firearm sites that I may can actually get seek good advice?

Yep, and all of these good ones, including this one, abhor the term shotty. Ask respectfully, you get respectful answers. Ask like a mall ninja, the answers come with the appropriate sarcasm

BRAVO for jlv08! Thanks for setting it all straight. I came to this forum because most of the people on hear have a genuine love for guns and will give their opinions openly and honestly but with tact enough not to argue. Let others express their opinions and express your own as well but to argue is unnecessary.:cool:

Know of any good firearm sites that I may can actually get seek good advice? NefProtector

The problem with your gun is more than likely the shell latch. I would have to look at it to know for sure. What advice are you looking for? You aren't experienced enough to work on it yourself so your only choice is to take it to a smith or send it back to H&R under warranty.

The Protector I have had a problem releasing shells from the mag tube. I removed a "little" metal from the tip of the shell latch and smooth it out and now it hasn't had anymore problems. I also installed a Wolff spring.

GC

Last edited:
Sarcasm...one of the many services i provide:D

Sarcasm...the human body's defense against stupid:eek:

Maybe I should make this my tag. My wife keeps buying me t-shirts with these sayings on them...maybe I'm sarcastic???

what was the OP... time to bring this thread to its demise which seems inevitable!!

Max100 could you help!!!

Bought a H&R Pardner Pump Protector. Love it, feels like a tank. I noticed on one of your posts you wrote that you made some accessories for this weapon. Would you please let me now how to get them. I know everyone says all parts from Remington 870 work except barrels. But if you have parts that are made to fit I would like to see about getting them. Looking for :

Pistol Grip Stock
Heat Shield with ghost sights and rail
Magazine extension
Adapter for flashlight, under the gun not on the side

Hope to hear from you.
Larryg1542@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Regarding the jamming problem with the last round or two nefprotector was experiencing I read in another forum where someone was having similar problems with a Remington 870 Express, and the problem was fixed by polishing the magazine tube using steel wool and a tornado brush with oil applied before using brush and steel wool. This might fix the problem in the Pardner since it is a 870 clone if anybody else has the problem or if it recurs for nefprotector.

Back