Maverick 88 or NEF Pardner Protector?

I have a 870 Express, Mossberg 500A, and the Pardner Protector. All three work just fine, however I do like the Pardner the best. I do not know anything about the materials used, but it just feels better and stronger to me than the other two, but that's just my opinion but as I stated I have never had any problems with any of these three. I have always herd most of the finer shotguns I mean expensive shotguns are imported anyway, maybe not from China but imported none the less. Look at the best selling most durable pistols Sig, H&K,Glock, all imported. Remember when Glock was a joke?? I do think they are made in GA. now but they started off as imported. So let's stop the bashing now. What ya say??

Nope, it seems to just go and go.
We still don't know what gun the OP, Georgian, decided on and if he's happy with it.

Dreaming100straight, you forgot to bump the thread! I'll give this a merry christmas 2015 bump....

Now which cheap shotgun should I buy??? Hawk? NEF? Stevens?

I have a 20" mossberg 500a but the safety was warn out and would bump itself on while firing. I had a gunsmith fix it but then it would occasionally have cycling problems. Not exactly what you would call a confidence inspiring experience. What I want is a cheap shotgun that will be kept in my camper that I don't have to care about a little rust or scratches, and will run 100% reliable for bear/2 legged protection. Pump or auto is ok

I have a 20" mossberg 500a but the safety was warn out and would bump itself on while firing. I had a gunsmith fix it but then it would occasionally have cycling problems....
Are you implying that the work on the safety caused the cycling problems? If so, I don't know how that would be possible. Whatever the case, my first question when people mention cycling problems with any shotgun is "Were you shooting cheap Winchester target loads?"

I've had shells get stuck in both a Mossberg 500 and Remington 870. In some cases, I had to tap them out by putting a cleaning rod down the barrel. In every instance, those Winchester shells were the culprit. Seems other people have had the same issue. The brass must not be consistent in diameter.

thanks for the reply, good to know!! I bough some remington buckshot I will give a try and see if that fixes the issue. Winchester ammo has really gone downhill.

Elano, Replace the cheap Mossberg plastic button with a metal one.

And, if you want something cheap and reliable, get a Pardner.

If you don't want to do that, start looking around in your local pawn shops and find an old Hi-Standard Flite King pump or one of the H-S house brands (J.C. Higgins, Ted Williams, Revelation, etc.). I've scored two this year for $100.00 each.

Back