Lock and Load!!!!!Pennsylvania TFL Shoot Sept 16th

Two at once? Ah, my ignorance showing again. Nevermind. Thanks Dead.
So what can I do up there with my "new" 879 to keep me entertained?
Mike

You might not be the only one with an 870 if you do Sporting Clays there. I'm long over due for an 870. I might get one before the next shoot. There is going to be a Sporting Clays Competition going on the same day as the shoot so you might have to wait until mid day to get on the field.

What else are you going to bring ?

Shucks,
I was just reminded by the lovely Mrs. 9mmMike that we are leaving for vacation that weekend.
Please tell me that these events are fairly frequent! I've been looking for something like this for a while and now here's one in my backyard (more or less) and I can not go. :(
I will be crusing up there tomorrow though just to check it out and get the lay of the land so-to-speak.
How far away is Allems from this place? Perhaps I could kill two birds with one 870! :)
Mike

I will be up there tomorrow also... I will most likely be wearing my "Join the Revolution" tee-shirt.

I will be shooting the sporting clay course, just hope it doesnt rain too much. :D

Well,
I stopped up there. Let me start by saying that the directions on the web page are crap. Second RIGHT is NOT the same as second LIGHT!
Anyway, it is a neat place. They were just finishing a cowboy shoot at the rifle range when we arrived.
We got a cart and toured the sporting clays area. Those pigeons don't look that fast to me! Maybe my 870 would work.......
The 5-stand is cool as well.
I forgot to ask while I was there, does anyone know if I can shoot a shotgun at the rifle/pistol range. I need to pattern this gun and I do not know where I can go to do that.
Later,
Mike

First, No you cannot shoot the Shotgun (except with slugs) on the R & P ranges. They have a pattern board for that purpose. If you come to the TFL shoot I will show you where it is and how to use it.

Second, those birds will fool you:) Ask Soda Pop or Dead about them. Some very technical presentations exist on that course. Speed in sporting clays isn't everything. Those simo pairs with complex target movements are verry difficult!

Yes the directions are poo poo. I drove around for an hour before I figured out how to get there. The ranges are worth it though!

Geoff Ross

PS Dead, howdja do this time:D

OOPs I forgot. For those of you who are coming for the first time. If you copy the directions on the website go to the Second LIGHT, not the Second RIGHT. Make a right at the light with the nursery on the right and a church on the opposite side after you turn right. There is a small sign on the corner, more like one of those lawn signs you see during political campaigns. Go down the road untill you see a big tan rock standing on edge and take the right fork.

If you get lost call Soda Pop, not me, I don't like the roving charges on my cell phone:D

Geoff Ross

K80, what are roving charges??? I dont have those on mine :)))

I was up there today and did pretty well on the sporting clay course.... yes I am an addict now!

Actually, Soda`s directions the last time

were right on the money. However, the 2 knuckleheads that decided to take the sign down a few days before putting up the new one didn`t help much.:eek:

Ok there were some people there with pump guns. They could fire at both clays before they were out of range/hit the ground. Unless you are well practiced with a pump, I dont think you will do too well though. If you have something like a Win 1300, the "reminds" you to cycle the action you will be set. Damn those 1300's can be FAST! :D

K80Geoff,
Pattern board eh? Now I REALLY want to go. I will not be around for the TFL shoot though. :(
What is the distance of a pattern board? What is a pattern board? It sounds like exactly what I need.
Thanks,
Mike

Just Got Back from the Shore!!!!

I hold these things about every 3 months or so 9mmMike. Dead-Who Did you go with????

I could have killed the people at Water and Wings last time. I went up to the people and chewed them out for not putting up a sign. Its pretty hard to screw up directions from the turnpike but they some how did it.

Pattern Board

A pattern board is a large metal plate with a hole in the center for a target. The plate is coated with a mixture of latex paint and oil. You shoot at the hole in the center and the pattern prints on the paint. When you are finished with the pattern you roll the paint on the board to get a fresh surface to shoot at.

The pattern board will tell you where the pattern hits compared to where you point. Excellent to test gunfit and whether your chokes are what they say they are.

Usually you shoot at 25 yds. #7.5 shot is the best for this.

Soda Pop is goig to check if we will be allowed to use it that weekend as the range is having a Sporting Clays shot the same day.

Geoff Ross

Directions

Can I get the directions or can someone post the link? I don't want to drive around for an hour:eek: Also What is the total so far on the amount of people comming? Any suggestions on the amount of ammo to bring per gun. Want to have enough to share but not tons to hump home. Thanks.........DAROGUE1

SodaPop,

I was there with my dad, and one of my friend's. Tried to get another one of my friend's to come out, but she didnt want to try the course that day as it was kinda sticky.

I will be shooting that course come September 16th! I might even have an O/U by then :D

SodaPop / K80Geoff,

My friend and I from the other meet will be up there Saturday, and Sunday. If either of you want to shoot Sporting Clays on Saturday let me know I will be down for that! :D

K80Geoff you are right about sporting clays becoming additive!

Last edited:
Darogue where are you coming from?

I might be heading down to VA to shoot with some guys this saturday. Check out the other thread In this forum.

If your going north on the Turnpike get off on the Quakertown Exit. Go threw the tolls and make a right at the light. Go to the next light and count "ONE" Go to the next light and count "TWO" and make a "RIGHT" at that light. Drive for about 3 minutes and you will see a stone that has Water and Wings engraved on it. Make a right onto the small road and you should see a big building ahead of you THATS IT!!!!

I'm not doing Head counts because its impossible to tell. People that say they are defanitely coming don't show up, but somebody always surprises us:) We could have anywhere from 6-20 people show up. Last time we had 9 people total. 2 people from FnFal.com. I'm heading down to VA this weekend to try and recruit some southern folk;)

I'm going to get to the range at 9am to hold a few tables. I'm going to see if I can hold one Pistol and the Far Right 100yd-500yd table. Most people never use the 200yd table so we can spill over to that if we need to. I'm going to see if I can get a table to display all of our goodies for photos :) Does anyone have any suggestions on Events or anything else?

Does anyone have any steel targets for pistol?

Somebody HAS to bring a camera and take GOOD pictures. We haven't put much effort into group photos so dress nice and choice the firearm your gonna pose with ahead of time ;)

Make sure you all take showers too.

Does anyone want to make any bets on "What's going to walk out in front of us this time"? Did I tell you all about the kids that were driving their quads at the 500yd range after K80Geoff and Dead left?

Back