Lock and Load!!!!!Pennsylvania TFL Shoot Sept 16th

Speaking of AR's Geoff............. Did you ever start Reloading for your AR yet? I want to see how some 62gr or 64gr .223 does out that AR at 500yds. The Military claims it shoots the same Ballistically as the 147gr 7.62. I bet it does, but we have to do some testing to settle the debate. That debate keeps coming up and we could post our results:)

Dead are you going to scope your SAR II??? I think I read George Hill post something about Cobra Optics on an SAR II. So somebody is scoping there's. I'm thinking about getting one now. Its a paint ball gun or an SARII. I've been thinking about an AR lately but there still a little too much money for me. I'm the master of poor man rifles SKS/Mini 14/ SAR II??
Except for the DSA FAL I got:D

SodaPop,

I will be out there Friday-Sunday.... Can hit W&W on Sunday when my friend is in Chruch :)

Hope you like heavy recoil. I am bringing some mean stuff with me this time, not to mention LOUD!

Last edited:
Soda This Sunday, you mean the 11th. Let me think a while about this.
How about the 19th.

Do you have a shotgun to use?

I am dying to shoot that course, even though I haven't shot sporting in over a year.

Geoff

Soda....I will have to make some arrangements but I am willing to shoot sunday.

Anyone else coming besides you and Mr brass shower:D

Any other TFL ers out there want to shoot some clays. I'll bring both my K guns so you guys can shoot real shotguns for a change:D

Geoff Ross

I have access to a 16gauge O/U. Whats the rule on shot Size? I think I pretty much only have 4,6 and 7 1/2. How much was the whole Range? I know I should know this stuff:o I am the ultimate amatuer so NO LAUGHING if I get off to a bad start. Otherwise I'll finish the course with my FAL. Do they make shot for .308?????? Were going to have to bring 5 gallons of Kool Aid or else were going to pass out in the heat:eek:

Soda is it only suppose to be in the 80's Sunday. Looks like I am bringing something other than a 10ga this time. Maybe I will have to go buy a Double :p

Shot size is limited to 7.5, 8 and 9 shot. I would suggest #8 shot as the best but 7.5 will work. You might want to pick up a box of #9 for the really close shots. 16 gauge is OK, I will probably use my 20 GA.

A complete round of Sporting Clays will cost $28 for 100 birds. Bring about 125 shells (5 boxes)

If we are lucky we will get to squad by ourselves and can take our time. The course is automated so we can pull our own targets.

Dead if you are going to use a 10 ga bring a bottle of aspirin:D
Some ranges will not allow guns larger than 12 GA but I didn't see any restrictions on the brochure and in the clubhouse. As long as you can fire two shots. I hope your 10 is an auto.

What time are we going to start, late morning I hope.

Geoff

K80,

NO 10ga for sporting clay's!!!!! (besides I only have 6's, 4's, BB's, and T shot. Not to mention slugs.) I have shot trap with my 10ga twice, it needless to say was not alot of fun. Some other's there tried it for a total of ONE shot each, before they gave up on it. Guess they dont like te idea of a <7lbs 10ga single shot very much :D

I am sure I can dig up a o/u, side by side or auto shotgun (in 12ga of course) for Sporting Clays Sunday. I can make it late morning no problem. The good news is I have plenty of Rem Dove loads in #8, #7.5 shot :)

Soda,

If we pay for the Sporting Clay coarse do we still have to pay to use the rifle/pistol range??? I would hope not :) I amgoing to bring some extra Clay Pigeons to blast also.

I just sent you two an email with subject "Sunday" from my hotmail account. Later!

Last edited:
Go ahead be a man! Use the 10GA

Single shot 10 ga ouch!!! Bring the aspirin and an ice pack for your shoulder.

The range rents Browning autos if you can't find a gun.

OK for 11:00 AM start.

Anyone else out there coming, nobody will be embarrassed I promise! Wear comfortable shoes and clothing and bring a canteen!

Geoff Ross

K80Geoff nice... I think I can get an Auto 12ga today! :)

Oh yeah I was looking out the window (kinda starting to rain), so looked up East Greenville's forcast on weather.com.. Here it is, not looking to good for Sunday. So check it again tomorrow and lets see if it is going to be Clear! :)

I think you were rigth @ the first meet I made K80Geoff, you bring the rain with you :p

Well I am out, if the plans change give me a call, as I am Away from the computer till Monday.

East Greenville, PA (18041)
Friday, August 10, at 7:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Hi (°F) Lo (°F)

Today
Aug 10 Scattered T-Storms 91 °F 72 °F
UV Index: 9 High

Sat
Aug 11 Partly Cloudy 83 °F 68 °F
UV Index: 8 High

Sun
Aug 12 Scattered T-Storms 84 °F 67 °F

I got Dead`s message.

As I said before, I don`t shoot clays anymore. Besides, there`s a gunshow up here:D and I have an ear infection. Loud noises aren`t fun.:(

Hmm I might end up renting a 12gauge. Finding various shot sizes for a 16gauge is like digging for diamonds. I sold my 20gauge years ago and planned on getting a 12gauge but never did. I use my Uncle's 16ga for hunting but its a pain finding ammo for it.

Water and Wings has a REALLY nice Sporting Clay course! If you are into this kinda thing and can make this meet do the course!!!!!!!

Speaking of sporting clays, I'll be shooting sporting clays in Baltimore the previous weekend with my M1 Super 90 Tactical. Too bad the shoot isn't before my clays session, I could use the practice. :)

See you all there.

Justin

Sorry if this is a silly question but can I shoot Sporting Clays with my 870? I just want to make sure that I do not have to bring a double or something.
Thanks,
Mike

Back