LIVE from the Stand!

Well, I just shot a buck.... I hope.
Well rewind that handy dandy digi vid cam and slo-mo it...

But this part...
Well... were you a bit shaky?:p

How long we gotta wait to know the outcome?
If it were a concrete buck, it won't tip right over as it bleeds out...

Brent

I hit him. The shot was very steep and 3-5 yards closer than I thought.
Turns out there was a couple of hunters like 75 yards from me and one of them shot at him after I did but missed.
I'm still looking...

Too bad yer so far... I have a bulldog that would blood trail it and if it tries to run, will be caught by the ear when we get to her...:D

Brent

I'm sitting on a log waiting for my uncle to come help. It's very peaceful in the woods at night.

I'm not feeling great about this one at the moment. The blood is sparse for a pass through. It was good in spots but thinning out now.
a6898a1c-b80f-152c.jpg
a6898a1c-b81e-c3dc.jpg

Hard to tell from that picture but it sure looks like you got plenty to work with.

Have you got a LED flashlight? They seem to highlight the blood better.

We need more information!!!

What did it do when the arrow hit?
Bolt head down?
Hunch up then run?
Freeze for a moment than bound off?

Come on.......we're stuck at home and you're out there doin' IT.....

Well get the suspense over he's officially lost.
He did the classic back leg kick when I shot. The arrow was stuck in the ground.
No that's not food debris or anything like that on it it's just hair and blood and a piece of meat.
I called the dog tracker he basically told me to stick it he said "I really was hoping not to go out tonight."
We're going to try again tomorrow but the meat will be spoiled I'm sure.

Certianly I am not nearly as disapointed as you must be but disapointed all the same.

Kind of like rooting for the home team......you're sad when they lose.

What is the over night temp there?

Might not be spoiled in the a.m............

Deer will be good..........go early.....look hard.

Good luck.............!!

With those temperatures he will be cool enough to last in good condition well into the morning, if not the afternoon should he have died in a shady spot.

Supposed to be down to 43 currently 45.
Dog food grade still at least..;)

But I am a redneck like that...
Did I ever mention on here about a little car hit buck one of my dogs found a few thousand yards from a road in the woods?;)

Real sorry for ya not findin' it right there and then...

Brent

Wish I could be there to help. I arrowed a buck near Pompey a few years back; seemed like a solid hit with a good initial blood trail. Arrow showed clean blood (no gut shot, but also no froth indicating a lung). After tracking it carefully for close to eight hours, with lots of "Hi, I'm tracking a wounded deer; may I cross your property?" and the trail almost disappearing at points, I jumped him from a bed and he took off all healthy like. There wasn't much blood where he had bedded down, so I concluded that I must have hit muscle that bled freely for a while and then caked over. Still remember that day clearly, and the consternation I felt. Only consolation was a pretty good sense that it wasn't a fatal wound, and that somebody else would probably get him during gun season. Keep us posted, and blessings on "the hunt."

Well we picked up the trail where we lost blood last night were able to find another 50 or 75 yards of blood trail and then lost it walked in quadrants for... I don't know we covered hundreds of yards anyway... no deer called the golf course to let them know and hopefully it will survive I guess that's the best hope at this point.

Back