If there was ONE full auto weapon you could legally and easily buy, what would it be?

I'm going to go with MP5 with sound suppressor because of the relative cheapness & availability of ammo.

My second choice would be a pair of the Beretta M93R's with compensator, longer barrell, top ejector port & several 20-shot magazines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SybOU2vYFRk :cool:

I couldn't afford the ammunition costs of a full-auto 30-06 BAR:( .

I think it would be a MP5SD, its quiet, and its the only girl I could afford to feed. My wife is expensive and she is louder than hell.

Mp5

The MP5SD *IS* the perfect 9mm subgun! Quiet doesn't explain how scarry that gun really is! Even full-house 9mm come out sub-sonic and its the perfect cyclic rate! Oh if only they didn't cost 16k plus!

While the BAR is normally my pick in these types of threads the new Sage SCAR CQB stock for Ruger mini-14s has me thinking an AC556 drup in 1 of those bad ass stocks along with some other tactical goodies would be a real sweat rig. Plus its factory serviceable.

I think I'd definitely like it to be a belt-fed weapon like an M60 or M249. Mags empty just too quickly on full-auto, though drum mags and the 50-round P90 mags are an improvement. Subguns are sexy, but I think a shotgun can fill the same role and is perhaps superior in some ways. And full-auto fire in lightweight rifles is said to be less effective than semi-auto anyway except at very close range. You can still shoot several rounds per second on semi, but with better accuracy. So if I could only get one full-auto weapon, I'd go all the way and make it a belt-fed.

Having said all that, I think gun owners should start lobbying for the repeal of the 1986 machine gun ban. The 1934 NFA I can live with, but the 1986 ban is grossly unconstitutional, and I think it could be repealed if gun owners didn't resign themselves to its existence. It's not that I think full-auto is so important, it's just the principle of the thing.

*Steps off soapbox*

I know it probably wouldn't pass legal muster (I haven't even begun to look at NFA, too much cash, too much Gub'ment, too much paperwork) but I would dearly love to get my hands on an STG44.

The grandfather of all EBR's, now that's a thing of beauty!

I'd love to have an FNC. Very under rated: reliable, easy to clean, has the "what's that " factor going for it, and uses AR/M16 mags.

M249 with the 10" barrel and airborne stock. Best EVER for room clearing :cool:

Happiness is a belt-fed weapon. I miss mine :(

Whatever those simple Czech tubeguns were. CZ-26, I think.

Small, reliable, and fires 7.62x25 hotloads that can punch through a lot.

CZ26.jpg

HK 416.

I know the M16/C7 and the HK 416 takes down and cleans the same way, but has the reliability of the AK 47. None of this 275 MRBS crap.

I'd love to have an MP5k PDW. 9mm is cheap, so I could actually shoot it fully automatic sometimes without going broke. I like the look a lot too. I suppose it's controllable. At least the semi clone I shot was, even firing very fast, but I have no real experience with fully-automatic fire. Well that one time with a FAL and a 20 round magazine was fun:D No excessive recoil and utter uncontrollability as a lot of people claim but my shoulder didn't like it that much, because in the excitement I forgot to lean forward and the folding stock slammed into it. Still fun though:D

Whatever those simple Czech tubeguns were. CZ-26, I think.

Small, reliable, and fires 7.62x25 hotloads that can punch through a lot.

Great choice, if I would be limited to buy only a magazine-fed full auto gun I would buy the PPS-43 7.62x25 in a heartbeat, a very lightweight accurate and powerful weapon for its size, foldable stock and open bolt design included! I guess the 7.62x25 out of a smg barrel gets close to 2000 fps with a 89 grain bullet.

Very neat gun.

s_pps-43.jpg

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but if you are able to get an M16 type, my understanding is you can sub out all the many uppers for it legally, since the lower is the registered machine gun. Full auto .50 beowulf, 9mm, .45, .25 WSSM, .223 gas piston upper, younameit! So that makes the question a no-brainer in my book.

hoyt, mighty nice looking "truck gun" you've got there. :)

Back