If there was ONE full auto weapon you could legally and easily buy, what would it be?

If memory serves (which is questionble), that's the one I saw video on with a full minute and a half of constant fire. Right?

A minute + 45 seconds actually, but that's the one. Made by U.S. Ordinance. 850 rounds with one pull of the trigger without a jam, fte/ftf or a cookoff. Barrel life is supposed to be in the area of 15K rounds.

Not bad for a late 90's update to a 1957 weapon that was based heavily on a WW-II German machine gun. ;)

Hey, just what ya see pal !
I knew someone would get it.

:p

Actually, when I was instructing I always thought it would be useful to have an auto ping-pong ball gun to shoot trainees in the back of the head with when they weren't keeping up with the program. Just enough to get their attention without doing physical damage.

I'm thinking I would get an M16 for the modularity, and get one of the Lakeside belt-fed .22 lr conversion kits.

two words... MA DUECE. If you haven't fired one I pity you. Is the obsolute most fun on earth

Would go MK19 but I've had to pry one too many GRENADES off of the bolt face. NOT FUN

Colt LMG

I would really love the new Colt LMG. It's in the trial/testing phase right now. It's a 5.56 M-16A4 style platform, but full-auto and feeds from either 100rd. c-mags or a belt. Same employment/purpose as the 249, but much lighter and more adaptable/modular.

What would be nice, if only for fun/decadence factor, would be an automatic Desert Eagle in .44 magnum (never much liked the .50 AE) with 30 round magazines. No real purpose, and a bear to tote around with the big long mags, but would be loads of fun, nonetheless.:D

I've already got an Uzi, Micro Uzi and an AR15 RDIAS, so if it was in addition to what I already have, I'd want an M240. If it was only one, including what I'd have I'd keep the Uzi.

I would have to say the H&K MP5 as well. While it only spits out 9mm rounds, it is one of the most versitile weapons and very easy to control. The accuracy is impressive for a full auto weapon too. As KMBRTAC45 said, ammo is cheap too.

For heavier duty weapons, the M-60 would be loads of fun. The ultimate machine gun has to be the one mounted on the AC-130 though! :eek: :D

M16.

You can put a belt fed upper on it (Shrike - one of these days).
You can fire 5.56mm out of it.
You can fire 6.8mm out of it.
They have a 5.7x28mm upper coming out for it.
You can fire 9mm out of it.
You can switch uppers with the push of two pins.
You can easily swap stocks and sights.

It's the ultimate machinegun.

It was a tough decision between the M-16, MG42, Ma Deuce, and the BAR, but the M-16 wins because of its modularity.

I would love to have a rifle that can be shot full auto in dozens of calibers with just the change of the upper.

Back