Handguns you're naturally accurate with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im probably odd in that I shoot my Beretta most accurately. Its not sight radius as both some of my 1911's and Glocks I have owned (long slide) had an extra inch of sight radius which helped in those specific models vs there non long slide variants. For what ever reason the Beretta fits better for me. It might help to know it is my second oldest gun and other then my Ruger .22 it has the highest round count through it, as I burn through atleast 200 rounds per session with it and shoot once a week or so for the past 10 years, (before that I shot less frequently due to less $ and income), Another thing is I have tried many many grips on it and settled on thin grips of various types which I seem to shoot better with. I also changed the main spring and recoil springs, trigger, hammer, barrel etc. Attached is its current configuration, im sure I will keep evolving it over time. I still carry it frequently as I have a lot of faith in it working and also my ability to use it vs my other guns. My glock 20 replaces it in the woods as my camping and hiking gun and in summer I have adapted to my Ruger LCR, but when I can I carry this because I know if it really comes down to it I feel most able to hit whatever I need to with this.
After this gun I would say its a toss up between my Glocks and my 1911s, I have issues with the smaller glocks for whatever reason so only full or extended I can use well. Pretty much any 1911 I have been ok with.

Attachments

• DSCN0179.JPG
    DSCN0179.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 8
Has to be my Beretta 92fs police trade-in. I can't prove it, but I think the tijicon night sights have something to do with it. During the day they present a black center dot surrounded by a white ring. Also they have a generous light intake on each side of the front sight as seen in the rear sight. At my age(60) the extra light is welcome and I believe it really helps me shoot this gun extremely well. Damn, that thing is accurate!
Second has to be my Dan Wesson 15- 2VH 6" barrel in 357. Great and accurate revolver.

I always found the Glock's fairly accurate for me in a general sense. I'm not talking high target grade accuracy, only self defense accurate with little practice. They fit me.

attachment.php

Big heavy 22 revolvers with a scope; S&W K22 above or Colt Officers below

Attachments

• Colt Officers model 22LR 1930 with Bushnell Phantom scope 4-25-2013 (2).jpg
    Colt Officers model 22LR 1930 with Bushnell Phantom scope 4-25-2013 (2).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 5
In center fire it's my S&W Model 14-8. This gun was just made to shoot and that it dose very well. For a rimfire it's a Ruger Lite 22/45 upper on a Volquartsen 22/45 lower with a Burris FFIII for a sight.

Any S&W DA revolver, even the J Frames.

CZ-75

Colt 1873 SAA (and therefore also the Colt 1851 Navy - same grip frame)

Hi Power

My CZ 75 TS. I absolutely love this pistol. And here's one that will probably shock a lot of people, my Taurus PT1911.
de36bba99daa90b3ca3ce5f547594be8.jpg
3d7e1af021d7caf99605303a2ac81c83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M29- 6"

I had a M29 (no pin, no recessed cylinders) w/ a 6" tube that I shot as well as any handgun I'd ever owned, provided I did not get to carried away with hot loads and kept it loaded moderately. I found the revolver just too big for any routine carry, lost interest in handgun hunting due to picking up the bow, and traded it away.

I also shot a Ruger MkII heavy barrel (5" ?) well too, but it was also to heavy to suit me as a .22 holster pistol, that much weight, I's as soon have something with a bigger hole in end, so I traded it too.

Wish I still had both.

Still have my Dad's 5-1/2 Ruger Single six, which I shoot pretty well, and of course it's not for sale. But ammo is a problem these days.

I had a Beretta Tomcat Inox edition that was really impressive. Oddly enough the "baby" Glocks for me where my small finger is hanging out below the magazine. I found this holds true for the G26 and G29 (I have not tried the others). This is followed closely by Smith and Wesson airweights. Give me one of the true "high end" production guns and my targets are fairly safe (I've tried a handful of Kimbers and Sigs). The only full size pistol I ever did reasonably well with was a Sig P236? IIRC in 357 Sig - from a rest that gun was really really impressive. In my hands not so much

It's the shooter who is accurate, not the firearm. Any quality firearm will shoot where the muzzle is pointed. When the shooter has a good feel for the grip, the his/her accuracy increases.

Boncrayon,
My favorite handgun is my Beretta 92. It just feels like an extension of my hand and seems to be more likely to hit whatever I point it at.

M&P 45 Compact, by quite a wide margin. While I think it's a combination of many factors, including having pumped 20,000 rds or more through it in IDPA shooting and range practice, it's The One for making darn small groups as fast as I can draw, present and pop 'em off.

With good shooting comes confidence, and with confidence comes good shooting. Well, at least I think. I interpret 'naturally accurate' to mean accuracy seems to 'just happen' without any thinking or fuss. I'm pretty sure thinking is what has always gotten in the way of my accuracy, so I'd say how a handgun feels in the hands has got to be about 90% of getting quickly to 'natural'.

Now, my Model 41 might be my most accurate pistol...but given that it won't shoot more than 2 rounds without a jam or misfire, I've never been able to print a group to test the possibility. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back