Handguns you're naturally accurate with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, it would be my PT111 G2. It just fits my hand and points very naturally. Shot a perfect score on my LTC course with it. Of course, that's not a terribly difficult thing to do, but I had one ragged hole about 1 1/2" in diameter until we moved out to 15yds (or whatever the long range one is). I had a few outside the group at that range, but only by an inch or so.
Mostly I blame my 61yr old eyesight for that... with my reading glasses on, the sights are pretty sharp, but the target is a blur.

I haven't gotten to shoot my Canik TP9 SA enough to say whether it will be better, but it's pretty dang nice at this point. Once I get the sights regulated, it just might take top honors.

The Smith Mod 64 is a close "next" to best. Very slick shooting gun, both double and single action.

Redhawk, SP-01 and Astra 680 snub in that order.

I can't say that I'm naturally accurate with them: I still have to focus on my form to get the best from them and I've not had a great deal of experience with other types, but if I do my bit, the bullet goes where I want it to.

My ex-Ruger MkIII target 512 was very accurate. I remember once aiming at some M8 studding sticking out of the concrete about 8m away and I could keep hitting this thin rod of metal, making it twang!! :D

Sometimes, I regret selling it, but then I recall which doors that sale opened...

Last edited:
I am okay with most large revolvers and most full-sized steel service pistols (1911, BHP, CZ75, etc), but the Ruger Blackhawks feel most natural in my hand and I probably shoot them, to paraphrase, less poorly than anything else. :)

Blackhawk20357_zpstt55vpkx.jpg

Last edited:
My accuracy is pretty similar with the Berettas, Glocks, and Sigs in my stable. I have a Taurus model 80 that I inherited from my dad that has occasional flyers in my hands (which probably means that I haven't learned the gun well enough yet) and a Libia that I inherited from my wife's stepfather. With the Libia, my best chance of hitting the barn is to be inside, and even then it is best to fire from a bench.

Last edited:
The Beretta PX4 Storm was a perfect fit, pointed naturally, and had an unusually good recoil dynamic. I hit dead-on in .40 S&W with my first shots in both double and single action. Now I need to save up and buy one! :eek:

I generally adapt easily to any handgun I am shooting. I will go through several, in both semi-auto, and revolver in a days range session. Probably the easiest, and therefore the most "natural" would be the 1911 platform.
However, and I'm sure to many surprising, my little Ruger LCP is such a natural "pointer" that the miniscule sights that many complain about are insignificant. It's like raising my arm, and pointing with my index finger to the place I want to hit. Although in this case the index finger is now on the trigger with the LCP taking it's place.

Kahr T9. It just sends them where I look.

I rented a Glock 42 yesterday for my wife to try. After she was done I gave it a whirl. Side by side with a Browning 1911-380 for which I had high expectations. Blew it out of the water. Before long I had the target out to 50 feet, and the guy in the lane next to me was clearly preoccupied with concern I wash shooting a micro 380 rapid at 50 feet(single aimed shots rapid, nothing like the videos so recently posted). When I brought the target back he didn't seem concerned anymore. Must have been embarrassing when my target passed his at ten feet and he was forced to compare them side by side.

I can't wait until I get a G43 for my wife and can spend some time with it. She may finally get her wish that we dress to match.

If I had to bet the ranch on a single shot with wife and grandkids thrown in, I'd hope I was packing my Ruger .44 Special Flat Top, blued with a 4-5/8" bbl stoked with my own loads. I made the stocks for it, the gunbelt and holster too, and all of it fits me to a T. Single action, two-handed from most any position, it hits for me. I'd waited over 40 years for a Ruger .44 Special and this one sure met my expectations.

Rod

Best I can do is with the SIG P210. I can occasionally do as well with some other accurate pistols and revolvers, just not as consistently as with the 210......

I've always shot a 1911 fairly well, even back in my IPSC days. I don't shoot that far anymore, but "back in the day" I dropped Pepper Poppers at 50 meters fairly easily. I know, fairly big target, especially vertically, but I always surprised myself. And that was with the standard GI sights on a Colt Government Model.

The one that really surprised me was my Uberti 1871/72 Open Top Colt Copies in 44 Special. Again I don't shoot them very far, but they have a tiny rear sight and I fully expected them to be hard to shoot especially with my old eyes. Not so for some reason. The X-ring on a B-27 is just a ragged hole at ten yards for both my wife (she just loves shooting them) and I. The gun has a very low bore, and it's really more like just looking down the barrel than using sights. I suppose I should run the target out further one of these days.

very close race here

sig p226 Stainless elite, sig p226 legion, sig p225 best for me out of the box

so was the walther ppq followed by HK vp9(all 9mm);)

I am akin to Deaf Smith. I am best with my snub nose revolvers or gut guns. I push it up against the gut and pull the trigger. I never miss. :)

IMHO the accuracy is in the shooter. I have gotten tight groups with my Mauser 1914 and CZ-27 neither of which have good ergonomics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back