Handguns you're naturally accurate with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All guns can be learned. ...that said, after I got over my skepticism of Tupperware, I found Glocks to be great. I started only buying guns with large grip sizes and they work for me. Can't get comfortable with a bisley stylenor little guns, although I have learned to shoot them decently

K-frame S&W revolvers,,,

K-frame S&W revolvers,,,
I'm better with them than anything else.

It may be because that was the only handgun I ever received formal training on,,,
I carried a Model 15 Combat Masterpiece in the USAF back in the 70's.

Picking up any K-frame with the small standard grips,,,
It's like shaking hands with an old friend.

Aarond

Actually, all handguns are accurate in the direction they are pointed, since accuracy in in the hand of the shooter. larger and longer handguns have a tendency to be more on target with the right stance, grip, trigger squeeze and breathing.

That's why I have better groupings around and in the target with my Desert Eagle 1911 .45ACP. The front weight allows for better re-targeting after recoil.

My well broken in SW 66 4 inch with Pachmayr rubber grips is my most accurate weapon. This is the one that I have shot the most.

Handguns you're naturally accurate with?

Ruger GP100 with original rubber grip w/inserts, just a natural shooter for me in DA or SA.

HK USP 45. Doesn't feel natural in the hand and the safety is hard for me to reach, but it shot very very well for me out to 50 yards.

My Ruger Mk II Target stainless. Very easy to shoot accurately. Many years ago I used it for squirrel and rabbit hunting, about the most effortless hunting I've ever done. :) Of course, we all shoot a target .22 pistol more accurately than a .357, a .40, a .44 Mag, or .45 ACP (all of which I shoot, but not often.)

Last edited:
My Glock 19 was that way. First time out to the range, everything just felt right.

Also, when I decided to buy my wife a handgun, I took her to the range and we rented, among other things, a 2.25 inch Ruger SP101 357 and I found it to just naturally point to the bullseye, for me anyway.

Shooting accurately doesn't come "naturally" for me, I'm more accurate with the mostly full-size guns I practice with the most. Full-size guns with a longer sight radius are just inherently more accurate than shorter barreled guns. "Shorter" barreled guns I shoot pretty well are my HK P30, and my Sig P228 and M11-A1.

Proper sight alignment, sight picture, and trigger control get me on target with just about all of my guns, but I can shoot the revolvers better with less practice.

Last edited:
Browning High Power
P226 P229 P220
HK USP 9 & 45
Glock 9mm or 45ACP
Smith and Wesson Model 19
Smith and Wesson M&P Series

The DA / SA guns. Took practice for the transition from double action to single action.

The 1911 and BHP, is mainly for the range. Safeties hinder my abilities, as my muscle memory is tuned to SIG, HK, Glock, and Smith and Wesson M&Ps. I could have just said I'm tuned to "no external safeties" but I wanted to be specific. The model 19 is also for the range. Revolvers are BUG's to me.

I had years learning fundamentals from my uncles who are precision shooters, thankfully. They're well into their 60's now and they still run circles around people half their age.

Revolvers:

Dan Wesson 15-2/715. I can still shoot one well. I recently shot my 715 and shooting full power .357 in DA, I had no problems hitting dead center at 30 feet as fast as I could pull the trigger.

Semiautos:

Tanfoglio "Mossad" full sized 9mm, same gun as original EAA Witness. This applies to all CZ75 clones. It just seems to be a perfect fit for my hand and points naturally.
Canik TP9V2. For some reason, I really shoot it well. I bought it after I shot a friend's and was very impressed with it. It doesn't have the great feel that the "Mossad" has though.

I feel most natural with a 1911, beretta 92/96, s&w double action revolvers and other guns with a slight grip angle. Glocks I can't hit a darn thing. The surprising twist to that is that I am very accurate with my luger. Perhaps it's more than the grip angle. At any point I prefer a 1911 and use it well enough.

Have to change my original post. I included a Rossi 2" 357 as being just one of my wheels that I am equally accurate with. Well last week the Rossi froze. Couldn't pull the trigger nor go SA. I field stripped it 1/2 a dozen times and finally got it back into working order.
Saying that, I sent it up the Buds and traded it in for a Ruger SP 101 2.25 "
mag.
Maybe a tiny piece of something got stuck in the works? But, I could not take a chance that it might happen again.
Especially was not happy with a 6-8 week repair time from Bras whatever.

Doc

As far as any of the CZ'S handguns go there stock sights are small. I shot all my cz's well but as I started to get older(48-55) the sights got harder to see So I put on night sights on all my cz's & I shoot them real well again. I think IMO its the small cz sights that's doing it to you? If I was a betting man I would put money on it.

I have been able to reach decent levels of accuracy with just about anything I've picked up, but two stand out to me as natural shooters. You know, a gun that just shoots the center out of a target from the 1st shot to the last. The best two natural shooters for me have been these:

• Walther PPQ M2 5"
  • Springfield TRP 1911

No adjustments needed and the shots never seem to wander away from the X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back