Handguns that make you say Whoa!

I try to bring it out in public (I work our USPSA club booth at local gunshows) so folks can see and handle one.
Ruger didn't make many.

I have never seen a 7.5" .357 redhawk, sounds like something I will have to keep a look out for on the market.

Don't hold your breath looking, they are pretty rare. I believe Ruger only produced them for two years in the mid 80s. My dad has one and it's a fun shooter.

alex0535

I have a Taurus Tracker. At first glance it looks like a .357, but it is actually a .17 HMR. The noise it makes is distinctive, and it makes a lot of noise for a revolver without any real recoil. Supersonic velocities out of a revolver that holds 7 rounds and doesn't have recoil.

It is a mean rimfire revolver. Really accurate, and a lot of fun. Everyone I have let shoot it, loved it. Those that didn't get to shoot it wanted to get some ammo to put through it at some point.

The Burris FF3 and mount has come off since picture was taken, iron sights put back on.

Ditto to that--I have essentially the same in .22lr and can relate:

20130502_195627_zps9c94c373.jpg

My "whoa" Glock:

Glock 21 Gen4 with KKM 4 port compensated barrel running .45 Super. Pictured is a 275gr hardcast with a muzzle velocity of almost 1,150 fps (800 ft-lbs). It's awesome.

g21gen445supersetup1015.jpg

45super275grhunterssupp.jpg

I have a few that get some looks at the range. My 5.5" Redhawk in .44mag gets some stares especially with 340gr Buffalo Bore +P+ ammo. (That cartridge is really just INSANE.) Another is my Masterpiece Arms Defender (closed bolt MAC clone) because it's just a neat blaster. 32rds in a couple seconds makes for expensive fun. Lastly, any of my cowboy stuff draws attention because they look real pretty. (Stainless New Vaqueros and Henry Big Boy)

I wish I wasn't so realistic sometimes. That I could bring myself to buy something that isn't for 100% serious use and just for fun. :(

This thread is helping me.... I have an itch for a .44

I shoot several 1911's with a group at our outdoor range...
The one that great folks attention is my Springfield V-16 LongSlide in 45 SUPER Caliber
Lots of flame and smoke from the ported barrel/slide vents

12578.jpg

12579.jpg

12580.jpg

Then I wake them up a bit..They think 223 AR, until that 12 gauge slug gun fires !!!

12613.jpg

My Ruger Blackhawk will ECHO in an indoor range when I throw Buffalo Bore .45LC through it, had a range officer tell me if I didn't handle the recoil like I did, he would have asked me to leave :cool: Darn trigger leaves a nasty bruise on my middle finger lol

These 18" Uberti .45's make everyone say "Whoa!" :D

It took a fair size hunk o' leather to make a belt & holsters - still under construction in this pic.

Back