Handguns that make you say Whoa!

This. .22 Short

NAA-22S003.jpg

DSCN2258_zpse2aed162.jpg

Just looks like you're average 1911 doesn't it? Well I let my brother in law shoot it he was wondering why the grip was so wide, then he was surprised when the slide didn't lock back after 7 rounds, then after 7 more he was really surprised.

I was shooting my BFR 475/480 the other day and I looked behind me and there were three or four guys watching. Everyone likes the big boomers, but few want to own one.

Other ones that get looks at the range are Pythons these days, N-frame Smiths, Colt Anaconda, the 22 military training rifles, just about anything that more than 75 years old.... People react to any caliber larger than 357 mag at the range for the most part.

HK P9S 9mm roller locking semiauto.

IMGP0025_zpsc3f1064e.jpg

HK P7M8 9mm :squeezecocker" semiauto.

Right18_zps8341aa60.jpg

Ruger 10/22 with Fajen Legacy Stock, a TALO special.

RightFull-2-1.jpg

My Webley always gets a look or two

WebleyMkIV.jpg

The CZ-52 usually gets people's attention when I fire it

66.jpg

As does a 10mm loaded with Blue Dot

BuffaloSabresGame68.jpg

And of course, .44 Magnum is always an attention getter:D

SW629.jpg

I used to get a lot of reactions at the range when I touched off my Contender in 357 Herrett, but it had nothing to do with its looks.

My S&W Model 329 Night Guard in .44 Mag is an attention getter at the range. It's actually nice to shoot .44 Special loads, but full magnum loads are a bit much. If the bullet doesn't get the bad guy, the muzzle flash will.

I have a nephew who shoots a lot and brags that recoil doesn't bother him. He'll shoot a Desert Eagle .50 cal one-handed. I let him shoot a cylinder of magnum loads through the Night Guard. After he was done, he handed it back to me, holding it like a dirty diaper, and said "That's messed up!" (He used a bit more colorful word than "messed", though.)

Back