Glock's new 22

I imagine the 10 round magazines are so that they can sell the pistols within the laws of the not-so-free states. If the Glock 44 in .22 LR is anywhere near as reliable as the centerfire Glocks, it will be a hit.

S&W has had a reliable 22lr M&P available for quite some time now. The compact is, IMO, incredibly reliable. It took me a year to find a round that made it choke. I don't think S&W has to play catch up on this one.

I think 10 round mags is a smart move for Glock and I don't consider the mag capacity as a "deal breaker". Glock fans and loyalists are going to pay whatever price they charge without question. That would be the catch for me. Price. The G44 would have to come down to about $300 before I'd give it any attention and even then, I really like my M&P22 C, so I probably still wouldn't make that move. The Glock does offer something for somebody, just not for me.

If or when I acquire a Glock, it will most likely be a 19 or 43.

Glock does first what every manufacturer chasing their success tries to do later. It's been this way ever since the first Glock 17 was introduced. All the other manufacturers break their backs to get something on the market to compete.

Springfield, Smith & Wesson, Taurus, Walther, SCCY, along with at least a dozen other lesser brands, all try to carve out a small piece of the pie for themselves. Some fail, while others manage to get a small taste of a market that Glock continues to dominate.

This will be no different. I can all but guarantee you Springfield and Smith & Wesson are already having meetings with their top brass, about getting a .22 version of their XD and M&P out as quickly as possible. They would be stupid not to.

It won't matter in the least to Glock. They were, are now, and always will be the leader in the Polymer handgun world. When you experience success the way Glock has, repetition in competition is the most sincere form of flattery you can get..... And Glock has been getting it ever since they sold their first pistol. This one will be no different.
Well said, as I mentioned, rather than try to 'compete with them', make them compete with you..been that way with Glock for a long time.

I can all but guarantee you Springfield and Smith & Wesson are already having meetings with their top brass, about getting a .22 version of their XD and M&P out as quickly as possible.
S&W has had an M&P22 on the market for years, in two sizes. I was close to buying an M&P22 Compact until I saw the new Glock coming out.

Given that other manufacturers have had 22s on the market for some time, I'm not sure how this is Glock making others compete with them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So I picked up a Glock 44 on Friday.

I ran 200 rounds of CCI mini mags through it with 100% reliability (!!!)

The trigger was crisp. I shot it at 30 and 50 feet on the indoor range. At 50 feet the gun seemed to shoot a little high for me and the group opened up, but that may have been me and not the gun.

So I picked up a Glock 44 on Friday.

I ran 200 rounds of CCI mini mags through it with 100% reliability (!!!)

The trigger was crisp. I shot it at 30 and 50 feet on the indoor range. At 50 feet the gun seemed to shoot a little high for me and the group opened up, but that may have been me and not the gun.

Did you notice if they had extra mags for sale where you bought it?

Youngest son went to Tanner Gun Show in Denver yesterday and he saw many for sale. Some vendors selling factory mags as well...all $359ish for the seemingly really reliable and well made Glock 44. Pretty impressive considering is was ‘released’ less than a week ago.

CUBAN REDNECK Too expensive for a 10 round .22 caliber pistol.
Really?:rolleyes:
Either you don't have much experience with .22 pistols or are blissfully unaware of current firearm pricing.

$359 is the retail MAP for the Glock, which is virtually the same price point of the S&W M&P, Browning Buckmark, Ruger MkIV, Walther PP and other mid range .22 pistols.

Now, if your tastes in .22's leans to pot metal, then the Glock, S&W, Rugers and Brownings aren't for you.

Good, However more appropriate options are available in the market as compared to this one.
I'll bite, what makes them 'more appropriate'? Considering you can put any 5 gun owners in a room and ask about a single anything and get a dozen opinions. You could say that about anything, 'more appropriate'.

kimbeth Good, However more appropriate options are available in the market as compared to this one.
<----owns more than a dozen Colt, Beretta & Ruger .22 pistols. Does not yet own a Glock 44.

Tell me more about the inappropriateness of the Glock 44.

Had a buddy call by yesterday, with his Glock 44 .22 LR pistol.

Examined this pistol, and both magazines, no ability to shoot it. Just take it down, and look at it.

I was very impressed, it was so light! The trigger pull was smooth as glass. A very well made pistol, as I carry a Gen 4 Glock 19, the ability to use the same holster and mag pouches, with the Mod # 44 save a ton of money on ammo.

My Wife would have no problem using this for self-defence in the house when the 15 or so magazines come out? I will buy one.
Give it a year? Should cost around $325.00 or so.

Glock 44

For my purposes, the Glock 44 will be a sub caliber training gun.

I have a Ciener converter on a G19 frame and an Advantage Arms conversion unit on a G17 frame. Both have frequent malfunctions because the slide fails to fully go into battery in the middle of a firing string. Even when clean and lubed and using hotter ammo, like CCI mini mags.

Jeff.
My Buddy had just returned from our outdoor range, he said no failures to fire, or load, or eject! The ten-round magazines? A pain to keep loading, more capacity models on the way? Who knows.

Really?:rolleyes:
Either you don't have much experience with .22 pistols or are blissfully unaware of current firearm pricing.

$359 is the retail MAP for the Glock, which is virtually the same price point of the S&W M&P, Browning Buckmark, Ruger MkIV, Walther PP and other mid range .22 pistols.

Now, if your tastes in .22's leans to pot metal, then the Glock, S&W, Rugers and Brownings aren't for you.
GunsAmerica has listings for Ruger and Taurus .22 for around $250, I don't believe that they are made from either zinc or pot metal.

I thought the slides on S&W compact 22's were made of aluminum.

Right. He's saying that if you like pot metal you won't like the guns he lists because they're not made of pot metal.

Back